Radar and Auto Pilot

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

offduty5

Reaction score
I have an1800 Cc need in put on radar and auto pilot for this boat. Powered by Suzuki 90 hp. Had both on my 1994 24 Hydra Sport CC a long time ago... I know new technology out there... and yes I know how to use both... just looking at what you guys suggest... thanks

I have an1800 Cc need in put on radar and auto pilot for this boat. Powered by Suzuki 90 hp. Had both on my 1994 24 Hydra Sport CC a long time ago... I know new technology out there... and yes I know how to use both... just looking at what you guys suggest... thanks
I have a 2013 Garmin 5212 Chartplotter, radar and autopilot. The chartplotter is touch screen which in my opinion is the only way to go. Radar works great but I did have problems with my auto pilot and have replaced it once at the 5 years mark. I average about 100-120 hrs per year so the autopilot had about 5-600 hours on it. Garmin did work with me on the price to replace but in my opinion it should have lasted longer.

Autopilot in an 18' should be interesting. I have a Simrad Go9 XSE that I've been very happy with. It would be compatible with any of Simrad's radar units and could also control one of their autopilot computers. If you've got room on the console, you might consider stepping up to the larger Go12 XSE unit.

Latest posts

Back