Raw water washdown

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took some measurements in the bilge and it looks like the Groco won't fit. :( I can't think of where to put it. It needs to be within 24" of the thru-hull.

BTW, I went with this setup. I figure I can easily open the scoop to clean it out and if it's struck by something, the thru-hull won't be affected.

bv-06-400.jpg

HSTH-W-500-05.gif

sc-05-450.gif

Alright, since the Groco C-60 is too big, I decided to order a Johnson Aqua Jet 5.0 instead. I heard these pumps are good, but I’m not sure how long it’ll hold up. We’ll see I guess. I know they make great bilge pumps though.

aquajet-vert.jpg

I'll have to keep that brand in mind if, or when, my Blaster gives up the ghost.
Make sure you mount her with the motor up, so any potential water leakage won't kill her prematurely. :wink:

Image-637AD1F8549511DA.jpg

Megabyte, it was only $119.99 at Defender.com and it puts out 5GPM! I cant want to get it in. 8)

96TL":llhppd4d said:
Alright, since the Groco C-60 is too big, I decided to order a Johnson Aqua Jet 5.0 instead. I heard these pumps are good, but I’m not sure how long it’ll hold up.
FWIW a combo livewell/washdown pump in my bro's Grady lasted 14 seasons before the pressure switch died ...

I now only use Johnson pumps for all my pumping needs, as their 2200GPH storm bilge pump was rated #1 by Powerboat Reports and was THE only pump tested that exceed its rated specs.

Wow. 14 years?! That’s good to know. When I upgrade my bilge pumps I’ll use Johnsons too. ;)

I just wanted to let you guys know I got the washdown and livewell pumps installed yesterday. Both work great. I'll post some pics in the next few days.

Dom

96TL":1lcjhlrv said:
I just wanted to let you guys know I got the washdown and livewell pumps installed yesterday. Both work great. I'll post some pics in the next few days.

Looking forward to the photos Dom! :)

I know. I'm lucky I got the Johnson pump to fit. I had to relocate the factory ground block.

I took the boat out today. Everything works great. Too bad I couldn't find any bait though. It's like they know I have a livewell now. :lol:

The only problem is that my Tempress bilge hatch is still leaking water. I think it's just rain water. My seacock backing block is getting soaked from the small puddle that sits in the bilge. I covered it in epoxy before I mounted it, but I still don't want it to be wet all the time. I called my dealer and they're sending me a new hatch. If that doesn't work out, I'm ordering an aluminum Bomar hatch.

Dom

I used the hose with the red and blue tracer.

I'll get some pics up tonight guys. Been busy. :oops:

Dom

Back