Raymarine C-80

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parker

Staff member
Reaction score
After many years of great service my Garmin 210 called it quits. The Garmin was originally on our Sea Ox 23 and then moved to the Parker when we purchased her in 1998. After looking around I settled on the C-80 which seems to be nice unit. Hopefully I can figure out how to use all the features. Thankfully, the instal was not too bad. I ran all the wires and my good friend and crew member did the rest. Here is a pic.

Attachments

• Nana C-80 001 (Small).jpg
    Nana C-80 001 (Small).jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 1,851
  • Nana C-80 002 (Small).jpg
    Nana C-80 002 (Small).jpg
    45 KB · Views: 1,851
John - I did purchase the DSM 300 digital sounder. I have not had the chance to get to use it fishing yet. Can't wait.

Dan - only when someone forgets to clean the windows. Seriously, I have not had any problems with visibility. The Johnny Ray mounts swivel so the line of sight is clear.

Were you able to hook the GPS directly to the C80 or did you need to go through that expensive network thing? I am trying to patch together a system.

Good luck with the C-80. I have that unit in my 2004 XL and am very pleased with it. Radar, FF, GPS, and chartplotter.

SamR, A Raymarine GPS Rcvr. uses their proprietary network connection, "Sea Talk". Evidently all the RF and data processing is done in the "mushroom" so the cable which connects directly between the display and the rcvr. simply carries power and data. There is no need to worry about RF connection like on a trusty older Garmin GP-31...

Thanks, I figured that one out. I was having a problem with the Scotch Locks which I resolved by making an in-line splice and covering with shrink tubing. Why they have users splicing cables in a marine environment is beyond me.

On another note, I just finished installing a P79 ducer. If you are installing in a tight area, forget about trying to measure the angles. Just level your boat, stick a level on top of the fully assembled ducer w/o screws and spin the base and top until you find the right position. Then you just need to put some marks on the glass and moving parts of the ducer. Much easier :)

Thanks, I figured that one out. I was having a problem with the Scotch Locks which I resolved by making an in-line splice and covering with shrink tubing. Why they have users splicing cables in a marine environment is beyond me.

On another note, I just finished installing a P79 ducer. If you are installing in a tight area, forget about trying to measure the angles. Just level your boat, stick a level on top of the fully assembled ducer w/o screws and spin the base and top until you find the right position. Then you just need to put some marks on the glass and moving parts of the ducer. Much easier :)

Just installed a Raymarine C-70 and the 300 depth module (mine needed a separate on/off switch) with transom triducer along with an Icom M504 with 8 ft. antenna, a Guest 503-1 flood/search light, Raymarine GPS, hailer, Sony AM/FM CD player a 12 V outlet and a new lighted Lenco switch. Tied the Lenco orange wire to the same toggle switch used for the 300 depth unit & now the red lights remind me the switch is on & when I click it off the trin tabs retract.

Worked it all out on my 2007 2120 SC so no visibilty degradation and all handy.

Attachments

• Console layout.JPG
    Console layout.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 996
  • Top looking fwd..JPG
    Top looking fwd..JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 996
Back