Re-Arming

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptBeach

Reaction score
Had to sell my charter boat a few years back (cancer, no insurance when Obama care started mine dropped me). Sold it turn key, lock stock, rods and reels.

Bought a nice used 2520 to serve as my personal boat till I cant anymore. Up to this point just a little inshore, trout and red fishing. Getting back in the game for nearshore, Kings, cobia, big drum and stripers on Chesapeake bay but also plan on trailering to Fla to fish for Blk fin tuna, Sails and Mahi, bottom for grouper, snapper ect. Going with Shimano TLD 15 and 25 or Tyrnos(sp) for trolling/bottom fishing on 7' rods.

Looking for big spin setups Ideas? I like 7'-7'6" rods. Prefer mono but braids ok.

Whatcha running and why?

Set up will be 2-15's, 2-25's and looking for 4 big spins, not looking to break the bank. Budget is $2k

I’m a big fan of my Penn Spinfisher V setups. They’re onto the VIs now, which seem nice as well, but I don’t like the Liveliner function on the VIs as much. But for a mid to large spinning reel, they pack in a pretty good bang for the buck. Much better than the old Spinfishers used to be.

Penn Battle III DXs. Best value for the $. I think the 6000 is like $159 new. Daiwa BG also solid, similar price range maybe 10-15$ cheaper. Also check THT, frequently see good deals on reels / combos pop up. Rod wise I like the Shimano Teramar SE, Jigging World Nexus. Both are same ~$150 range. Shimano may have upped their price though, haven't checked recently. Also can't go wrong with some of the stock series Connley's. Have a couple of their conventional setups with Avet MXs which are very nice; haven't used their spinning set ups but imagine their similar in quality.

Back