Reduced Price of Lithium Batteries - Trolling Motor

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dleopoldi914

Reaction score
When I first got my trolling motor 2 years ago the price of lithiums for my 36v 112lb riptide terrova was $2K. I opted for 3 interstates at $100 a piece for $300 with a promise I would swap them out after 3 seasons. I also knew like anything else as they start to produce more the price will lower.

I am currently on my second season and I went with Group 27s because they were a perfect fit under my console in a non usable area on my boat.

I am now noticing people publish reviews from Ampere and Redodo for 12V 100AH deep cycles for $359K a piece, you can also get batteries at about $300 for prime day as well, so for 3 of them would pay about $1000-$1150. I was then told for $39 a piece I can get a a bluetooth monitor because I am going to use a minkotta older precision charger that is the 345, so I can only see on that charger if the battery is fully charged or discharged so adding the meter will mean I can check it on my phone. Battery Monitor ANCEL BM300 Bluetooth Voltmeter, Automotive Battery Voltage Charging Cranking System Test with Alarm for All 12 Volts Solar Power Systems/RVs/Motorcycles/Boats/Cars/Trucks is what it is called on Amazon. The batteries I have I would assume since I am going with 100ah I will double the run time of my motor.

Thought I would share as I know there will probably be people coming up on batteries due to be changed. At $1000 and a 10 year life the cost of lithium is now about the same as regular flooded batteries.

I am also told that just like flooded batteries that they all come from the same place. For flooded there is only 3 manufacturers and depending on what brand you get they just change the label. Lithium I hear is the same they all come from china.....

When I first got my trolling motor 2 years ago the price of lithiums for my 36v 112lb riptide terrova was $2K. I opted for 3 interstates at $100 a piece for $300 with a promise I would swap them out after 3 seasons. I also knew like anything else as they start to produce more the price will lower.

I am currently on my second season and I went with Group 27s because they were a perfect fit under my console in a non usable area on my boat.

I am now noticing people publish reviews from Ampere and Redodo for 12V 100AH deep cycles for $359K a piece, you can also get batteries at about $300 for prime day as well, so for 3 of them would pay about $1000-$1150. I was then told for $39 a piece I can get a a bluetooth monitor because I am going to use a minkotta older precision charger that is the 345, so I can only see on that charger if the battery is fully charged or discharged so adding the meter will mean I can check it on my phone. Battery Monitor ANCEL BM300 Bluetooth Voltmeter, Automotive Battery Voltage Charging Cranking System Test with Alarm for All 12 Volts Solar Power Systems/RVs/Motorcycles/Boats/Cars/Trucks is what it is called on Amazon. The batteries I have I would assume since I am going with 100ah I will double the run time of my motor.

Thought I would share as I know there will probably be people coming up on batteries due to be changed. At $1000 and a 10 year life the cost of lithium is now about the same as regular flooded batteries.

I am also told that just like flooded batteries that they all come from the same place. For flooded there is only 3 manufacturers and depending on what brand you get they just change the label. Lithium I hear is the same they all come from china.....
Just remember that the charger must be lithium compatible. Older MinnKota chargers are not....MinnKota just introduced "PLC" charger models this year that are compatible with lithium batteries.

Attachments

• BECB89F1-C96A-4153-9FEA-2830823DC140.jpeg
    BECB89F1-C96A-4153-9FEA-2830823DC140.jpeg
    578.6 KB · Views: 2
I installed 3 12V-100aH Weiz LiPos and I'm very please so far. I installed them with a shunt based battery monitor, and a Yandina trollbidge. The battery monitor only shows the discharge, and does not account for the recharge. Hindsight, I believe this makes sense as the shunt is installed on the draw side of a 36V system, and the yandina trollbridge charges at 12V individually. Either way, I just finally hit 0% remaining battery life after at least 12 outings, anchored a couple hrs per in pretty heavy current and the motor is still running strong at 39Volts. So except for the fact that my monitor doesn't account for re-charge, all appears to be working well.

I think I am just going to pull the trigger. I can’t believe that for $1k can get lithium now

Back