Remounting Motor (height adjustment) and resealing bolts

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshkaj1991

Reaction score
Hello All,

I am in the process of purchasing my first Parker (2015 2320 SL) and we are hopefully going to be closing here shortly and will have it shipped in the next few weeks. With that said, I am thinking of trying to remount the motor so it sits a bit higher. It is currently on the top bolt hole (lowest the motor can sit). I'd like to get it to where the Permatrim is right at the surface of the water when cruising. Bottom of Permatrim about 2" above the keel since it's on the swim step (~2' back from the transom). I am thinking of going one or two bolts down (raising the motor) to see how that works and if I can improve performance and mileage a bit. Will be running out of SoCal so ocean may be a bit rough at times. I will likely use a jack and some blocks of wood to raise the motor up with the lower slide bolts just loosened a bit to raise the motor.

I was then planning on using some 4200 on the INSIDE of the aluminum housing where the motor is thru-bolted between the washer and the housing. My question is, is that enough to seal the the housing from water penetration or have you guys sealed differently? Or do you guys recommend something entirely different?

I appreciate all the advice!

Go for 2 holes. Doing it the way you said is not as easy to get it sealed "Cleanly". Not to say it can't be sealed.

LOL...Well... You hang the engine. IE: A Frame and Come-A-Long.

Seperate it from the boat... You only need to move it aft say 4in....Cables all still hooked up, but it allows you to get your hands between the engine and transom.....Clean it up, apply sealer and bolt the engine back on.

LOL...Well... You hang the engine. IE: A Frame and Come-A-Long.

Seperate it from the boat... You only need to move it aft say 4in....Cables all still hooked up, but it allows you to get your hands between the engine and transom.....Clean it up, apply sealer and bolt the engine back on.
Hmm, sounds like that is the way we are going to have to go and seal it from both sides with 4200. Thanks for the advice!

I have a 2320, 4.2l F300 with Permatrim and went up 2 holes. No downside. 17 pitch Rev 4.
By went up two holes, you mean you are on the second from the bottom bolt hole (motor is almost as high as it can go)?

The boat I am getting has a 4 blade PowerTech I want to say 18 pitch. Flat stuck hits 6000RPM so should be properly propped.

Raising the Engine will also raise your engine RPM, as it will free the engine and have less drag.

Reactions: A-K
By went up two holes, you mean you are on the second from the bottom bolt hole (motor is almost as high as it can go)?

The boat I am getting has a 4 blade PowerTech I want to say 18 pitch. Flat stuck hits 6000RPM so should be properly propped.
I documented a bunch of testing over on THT. I am currently banned for a week for saying something about Fetterman or Brandon. Found out last night. I hope it shows how broken up I am about it.

I’m in the middle of a re-power on my 08 -2320… it’s a digital 2015 300 Yamaha with a brand new powerhead and Lower. Do you all think a permatrim is definitely a necessity?

I will also mounted two holes down from the top bolt holes. They seems to be the sweet spot from what I’m reading.

I’m in the middle of a re-power on my 08 -2320… it’s a digital 2015 300 Yamaha with a brand new powerhead and Lower. Do you all think a permatrim is definitely a necessity?

I will also mounted two holes down from the top bolt holes. They seems to be the sweet spot from what I’m reading.
I couldn't tell you yet. Still working to get the boat transferred and I haven't rode on one without a Permatrim. I hear good things about them though.

Back