replacement cushions

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reid davis

Reaction score
I realize this has been posted a bunch, but pretty sure I remember seeing a thread of someone that does a lot of parker replacement cushion work that was based in eastern NC for a good price. Need to replace the cushions on my 18 and obviously trying to get the quality as cost effective as possible. I am in Charleston SC.....Any thoughts?

Regards,
Reid

I just spoke to Mike and he is out of business, he's moving locations and his employees all quit, and didn't want to move.

Wow, that's bad news! Mike's work was always top notch and reasonably priced. Was going to hit him up for my 3rd set of cushions soon. I'm sure he's still got all the patterns, so if he isn't planning on retiring, he might open up shop again after his move. Let's hope so. Otherwise I'll need to be starting up a new relationship with a local marine canvas shop.

Had all the cushions on my 23SE redone a year or so ago by a guy I know in Columbia who does upholstery. Very reasonable and did a great job. Let me know if you want his contact info.

Tideridesc, I would be interested in your contact if you would share please. Thanks.

Coastal Canvas is still in business!!!
My name is Ryan Allred from Carolina Marine. Carolina Marine is in the process of buying and taking over Coastal Canvas. Micheal is retiring and no all of his employees did not quit. One did but there is a lady in training now to take up the cushions. The Parker cushions will still be available and Coastal Canvas is to become a division of Carolina Marine. I personally have worked at parker and now working at Carolina Marine we've worked on them fixing floors and transoms and such.

My name is Ryan Allred from Carolina Marine. Carolina Marine is in the process of buying and taking over Coastal Canvas. Micheal is retiring and no all of his employees did not quit. One did but there is a lady in training now to take up the cushions. The Parker cushions will still be available and Coastal Canvas is to become a division of Carolina Marine. I personally have worked at parker and now working at Carolina Marine we've worked on them fixing floors and transoms and such.
Hi Ryan, Welcome to Classic Parker, and thank you for the update on Coastal Canvas and Carolina Marine.... Over the years I've heard nothing but positive remarks about Coastal Canvas here on CP; it's good to know you all will be continuing that tradition.... It sounds like you have a lot of personal 'Parker experience'.... that too is nice to know! If you're familiar with Classic Parker you know there's a lot of Parker-lovers hanging out here! ☺

You've got some big shoes to fill Ryan, Mike and his crew turned out some fine cushion craftsmanship. Here's hoping you keep that tradition alive. Are you planning to maintain the Coastal Canvas storefront online, or are you moving it inside of your operation? How can we access your services?

Hi Ryan
Awesome

What the web page and contact info for Carolina Marine

This is Michael with Coastal Canvas. My wife of 45 years died three months ago(we started this business when we relocated to Beaufort) AS i'm now approaching 77, I can't get buy on my good looks and great personality any longer. My body hurts from my old jock injuries and without my "Boss Lady" I find myself just tired and lacking energy. My long time employees did not want the headaches of running the business so I turned to my long time friend Ryan.
Ryan's new building will be finished by mid may(according to his builder). We have lots of equipment and material to move just a couple of miles away so i'm trying to slow down our orders just a bit. I've posted a We're moving 1 june banner on our signage and some of of the smaller canvas companies in our area have declared we are closing to get some of our customers. They've done this before. Ryan will own 100% of CC stock and i have no doubt will take CC to the next level. All of our "old Pros" with one exception will continue to be with CC and Ryan. We are in the process of changing/updating our website to list our new address. Our telephone number will be the same and i'll be around for several months. But now it's time for younger blood to take the reins. Thanks for your support, m

Hi Mike,

Sorry to hear of your loss, and fully understand your need to slow down as I am in the same "old bones" category. We appreciate your checking in with us and sharing your plans. You have a loyal following here on ClassicParker, and it appears that you have done well to make sure we will continue to get the same great products and services from CC going forward.

Put your feet up and enjoy life Mike, you've earned it.

John

Back