replacing fuel fill and vent hose on 2001 Parker 21 se

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sportshooter

Reaction score
Does anyone know the length of the fuel filler hose and vent hose on my 2001 21 SE? The hoses feel like they are scaled on the exterior and there is a bad gas smell in that section of the boat.
I'm thinking they are probably leaking and need to be replaced after 20 years. Thanks

If you dont get any info for the 21' just open the deck plate and take a rough measuerment along the deck and up to the gunnel. There's really no mystery as to the routing from the tank through the stringer via a 3" pvc tube and up into the square toe smasher to the fittings.
I just replaced all my fuel related hoses on my 2004 1801 and measured that way since every advise I got was too long and saying to add 12" for good measure. I didnt go cheap on the hose quality so it gets pricey cutting off a foot or two to throw away x3. Liquid dish soap made all the difference.
If it helps my hoses were as follows, yours should be a little longer:
Fill OEM was 62"
Vent OEM was 73"
Supply OEM was 53"

If you dont get any info for the 21' just open the deck plate and take a rough measuerment along the deck and up to the gunnel. There's really no mystery as to the routing from the tank through the stringer via a 3" pvc tube and up into the square toe smasher to the fittings.
I just replaced all my fuel related hoses on my 2004 1801 and measured that way since every advise I got was too long and saying to add 12" for good measure. I didnt go cheap on the hose quality so it gets pricey cutting off a foot or two to throw away x3. Liquid dish soap made all the difference.
If it helps my hoses were as follows, yours should be a little longer:
Fill OEM was 62"
Vent OEM was 73"
Supply OEM was 53"

Thanks, I was concerned as snaking power cables up into the console was a bear of a job even with using the wire lube. I was concerned with that bend up that the bulky fill hose would be a really tough thing to snake from tank to the fill. Not a young guy anymore!

I used mule cord. The hardest part was making that bend up. At first I tried to pull both at the same time but didnt happen. I left the hoses in the sun for a while and that was a game changer. Tape the hose ends closed and remove the fuel fill fitting completly. Starting from the tank side I ran the fill line first pulling with mule cord and pushing at the same time. Took about an hour but now I could do it in 15min. It helped taking a video with my phone inside the deck plate to see what is going on in there. Theres also a ground wire in that chase.

Back