Replacing gaskets 0n Diamond Sea Glaze swing out windows

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Jensen

Reaction score
I have a 2004 2520 Parker with DSG swing out windows. I got the correct replacement gasket material from AdvevTec and it has the sticky backing on the gaskets. I've used acetone to clean the aluminum surface after removing the old moulding and there's still some residual stickiness I can't seem to get off. Has anyone done this gasket replacement?

I have this on my list of things to do. Based on some previous projects, sometimes old adhesive takes a few rounds of cleaning to get it all off. Also, using a scotchbrite pad with not too much pressure will add mechanical removal in addition to the chemical removal from the acetone ( just in case you were using paper towels or similar)

I have a 2004 2520 Parker with DSG swing out windows. I got the correct replacement gasket material from AdvevTec and it has the sticky backing on the gaskets. I've used acetone to clean the aluminum surface after removing the old moulding and there's still some residual stickiness I can't seem to get off. Has anyone done this gasket replacement?
Do you have the part number for the gasket you used?

Back