Replacing seal on SeaStar hydralic ram????

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Porkchunker

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got a leaking seal on one end of the SeaStar hydralic ram. Looks like it can be replaced without removing the ram--take the arm off the end, use a special wrench to unscrew the end-cap that includes the seal, replace the seal, and reassemble.

If I'm going to do one end, should I do them both at the same time?

Anyone done it? Tips, guidance????

I think my brother has the spanner wrench needed. But I know you can get it done at your local hydraulics shop for 1/4 the cost of the Teleflex kit.

Dave, Tri-State rebuilt mine last year as part of my spring service.
If you'd like, I'll see if I still have my service receipt which should list the parts, or the kit number.

Kevin,

That would be great. I have twins, so I'm wondering if my SeaStar is a different model, and therefore different size of seals?

Paxfish told me over on THT to bleed the system and see if the problem goes away. He had a leak and when he bleed the system, the leak went away. Not sure if that is a permanent fix or symptomatic of something else, but it is worth a try.

Dave, My receipt says... "Rebuilt Steering Cylinder With New End Cap Kit" $113.25

Sorry... but that is all it says. :(

Back