Repower 2004 2520 XL

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Currently have the original Yamaha 225 HP on my 2004 2520 XL and would love to repower to a 300 HP. I was told by Robin Parker and also Armstrong that my current bracket would need to replaced if I repowered to a single 300 HP. Even though the weight of the 300 HP is the same (slightly less actually) as my current outboard, the torque is different and the old bracket could only support up to 250 HP. Wondering if anyone has any experience with moving up to 300 hp using the same bracket or any experience changing brackets and how that went? Honestly if I had to install a new bracket I would probably install one for twins and go with twin F150’s - Would appreciate any input. Thanks.

If Robin and Armstrong both told you, you need to change the bracket, why would you question them? Seems like a no brainer when boat manufacturer and the bracket manufacturer both told you the same thing. If you're going to change the bracket and repower, why not go for twin 200's?

Currently have the original Yamaha 225 HP on my 2004 2520 XL and would love to repower to a 300 HP. I was told by Robin Parker and also Armstrong that my current bracket would need to replaced if I repowered to a single 300 HP. Even though the weight of the 300 HP is the same (slightly less actually) as my current outboard, the torque is different and the old bracket could only support up to 250 HP. Wondering if anyone has any experience with moving up to 300 hp using the same bracket or any experience changing brackets and how that went? Honestly if I had to install a new bracket I would probably install one for twins and go with twin F150’s - Would appreciate any input. Thanks.

Keep in mind in 2004 there were no 300hp 4 strokes. Difference in weight between a 2004 F225 and current 300s is not much.

Would you expect Robin Parker, given her position to say “ disregard the placard WE put on your boat, bolt on the 300 and have fun?”

I don’t wanna tell you what to do but.

PS: I own a 2005 Parker 2520XL, no bracket but there is a 2019 Suzuki DF300APXX now with 360 hours on it bolted on my transo......

Back