Repowering a 2002 Parker 2100 SE

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ilove2fish

Reaction score
2002 2100 SE....The boat has original 150 HP Yamaha 2 stroke ( I am original owner) but engine has nearly 500 hours but with scheduled maintenance but I would like reopen with a 200 or 250 4 stroke. The boat always seemed underpowered. Is 250 too much of an engine? The current engine runs well (noisy of course) but thinking it might be time.
Also I need a new cowling gasket but unable to locate one. Thanks in advance

I never heard anyone say "my boat has too much power". 150hp is the low end for that boat. Going with the highest HP you can afford (without exceeding the max HP rating for the hull) and you wont be disappointed. Keep in mind the additional weight will make her sit a little lower in the ass end.
500 hours on your 2 stroke is just broken in and should return a nice sum towards your next purchase. (that 150 would go nice on my 1801)

Thanks for your input...the engine runs well... it doesn’t get up on plane as quick as I would like even with a clean bottom. The downside as you said is drafting more water. I live in SW Florida and want to fish back bay and so drafting more water might be a trade off if it’s significant....any idea how much a 200 HP would push down the back end? Maybe not significant...A lot of guys use their trolling motor but then find a deeper spot and get the boat on plane ASAP...looking into that trolling motor avenue as well..my boat just seems a bit sluggish in that regard and so the reasoning for upping hp...

This was my factory set up in sept 2001 (east coast dealer) and since up to a few years ago when I moved to SW Florida I was fishing the Atlantic Ocean and boat performed wonderfully.. Even though bottom painted this Florida bottom growth is a pain. Need constant attention. No trim tabs for sure...the Boat is run clean..just as I bought her...but i do haul stuff back and forth to the island I live on now.. with some breeze and cargo definetly noticeable... what would be the best prop? I have never really thought of changing it (til now).

If it was fine before with the 150 and is running well then it sounds like hull drag or prop issue. Your not water logged are you? Whats your WOT RPM and speed? What condition is your prop in? Is it the original? Current Diameter & Pitch?

Yes have a transducer. At 3500 rpm I can get up to 20- 21 mph on a good day...not sure about trim, my gagugedoesn’t record but I fully tilt engine down while running.....maybe that is my problem..not sure how to tell if it’s water logged though...interesting thought...I see no evidence of cracks,etc...prop seems to look ok... it’s the original one.

Yes have a transducer. At 3500 rpm I can get up to 20- 21 mph on a good day...not sure about trim, my gagugedoesn’t record but I fully tilt engine down while running.....maybe that is my problem..not sure how to tell if it’s water logged though...interesting thought...I see no evidence of cracks,etc...prop seems to look ok... it’s the original one.
Running with the engine fully tilted down increases your 'wetted-surface'. (There's more of the boat, in the water/more friction). Tilting the engine up raises the bow, decreasing 'wetted-surface' and will increase your speed.
What most folks recommend is tilting down when starting/getting on plane, then gradually tilting the engine up until you are on plane, then leaving it there. I do as such, and have no need to use the trim tabs to get on plane.

I have the exact same boat, year and engine. I have 12x12 Lenco tabs that made a huge difference in performance in all conditions. I trim my engine up till it begins to cavitate and then drop down a couple of bars.

I find the 150hp engine more than adequate for my 21SE. I have an Apollo 14 3/8 x15 propeller that provides a top speed of 43mph. Fast enough for me! At wide open throttle the engine turns 5600 rpm!

Back