Rhodan 84” on 2003 Parker 2510

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Togntime

Supporting Member
Reaction score
After reading many other informative posts, I’d figure I’d share my install. I can’t yet vouch for the functionality of it yet, but so far it looks good.

I opted to mount port side utlizing a shuttle slide mount. Note that I have it mounted on a custom plate I made that hasn’t been tested by either shuttles,ide, or myself yet.

Things I wanted:
1- no cutting the bow rail
2- no building the deck up with starboard or similar
3- when stowed, the ability to keep the majority of the system inboard of the rub rail

So far so good. The shuttle slide is able to mount directly to the deck. When it slides out, there’s enough clearance to clear the raised lip of the deck. This optimizes the shaft length. I made a custom aluminum bracket angled 15-degrees offset to stow the shaft parallel to the cabin. I also did without the rhodan quick release puck, saving another 1.5”. The plate I made was 3/8” aluminum, and I backed it beneath the deck with additional 3/8”.

The motor Installation is complete and everything seems to work ok in the driveway. I’m in the process of doing the electrical install.

For batteries I went with 3 12V 100aH LiFePo off Amazon. I’ll be charging them with the the
Yandina trollbridge. I have it switched at the dash so I can stop and resume charging with a switch, and wired in a LED to indicate charge status. I have a shunt based renology battery monitor to monitor battery status.

Hopefully I’ll be able to report back to real world functionality in a week or 2.

Pictures - managed to do the whole install while still shrink wrapped. I’ll have better pics soon.
74C5AB98-9E7E-4246-B875-9BAF70D144AC.jpeg74C5AB98-9E7E-4246-B875-9BAF70D144AC.jpeg04181694-7ECB-4C4A-9B46-110A88694C90.jpeg40B2DA9D-AA0D-45A3-A6E4-623A153CE90A.jpegA0BC4B50-8013-4226-A02B-48C08C9650F3.jpeg353E4576-D3C4-43F4-98A3-F2874B49ACC6.jpegD5FCB15D-CDC1-4494-9EDA-F788735E99AE.jpeg

Very crafty install idea.

I am planning to do the same area on an 03 2510, but a forward/backward shuttle slide with a small section of rail hinged to make deploy easier.

1" starboard to clear lip and 1/2" plate to secure the slide

Question - are you able to use the "quick release" feature on the shuttle slide to remove the motor for storage? I see a quick release mentioned but cannot find any information on it.

You won't need the starboard. The height of the shuttle slide is enough to clear the lip. The quick release on the shuttle slide basically allows the whole thing to slide out the back by removing 2 wing nuts. In my install, I don't have enough room behind the shuttle slide before it hits the front of the cabin, so no I can't use the quick release. I'm fine winthat though because it makes it tougher to steal. I'll remove the 6 bolts when I want to take it off.

This has been on my mind for a while.....It's corrective criticism....It's to help you be a better builder / fabricator.

You overall design / concept is GREAT.....let me say that first.

It's the square corners on the alum plate....It's raw and unfinished look.

For the next one.......The inside corners ...use a holesaw or large drill bit to get a radius...The outside corners and much easier to radius.

Any place you have a stainless fastener....Isolate it with thin nylon flat washers.
Clean /sand / prime with Epoxy Primer and paint with Awlgrip or what I use now....Tamco's High Impact.

Do this and people will ask where you bought that bracket. Again...this is to help you be a better fabricator.

Thank you Togn. I think I am just going to mount with the minnkota quick release that came with the motor, and deal with it sticking out a bit.

I beleive I will also have issues sliding rearward into the cabin, doing a final test fit this weekend.

Thanks warthog for the compliments and constructive criticism. I plan to implement some of the additional steps this offseason when I remove the motor for storage.

One caution about that brand trolling motor. Make sure you either keep the head covered and out of the rain, and or put a small 1/2” strip is flex seal around the joint for the top and bottom cap of the head unit. Mine was filled with water from rain, and it is less than a year old.
They are taking it back for warranty and repair.

Back