Rod Holders

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SommerTime

Reaction score
I own a Parker 2520XL that has four rod holders. When bait fishing, I use one of the rod holders to mount cleaning(fillet) board, but I need that fourth rod holder when two people are fishing two rods each. I have seen pictures of inserts for rod holders that provide two holders,i.e. insert the device into the rod holder and at the other end it has two holders.
Can anyone tell me where these devices are available.

Thanks

You could always add rod holders. I did ... boat came with 4 in the washboards and I now have 9. 3 across the stern, and 3 up each side of the gunnels.

The rearmost on each side faces out at a 45 degree angle to the stern/transom, the middle angles out about 30 degrees, and the most forward one (just down from the mid-cleat) faces straight out.

I have also added the type which mount to the bow rail (2), roof rail(2), removable which slide into a bracket just back of the bulkhead (2) and a single removable rocket launcher center of the roof. I can troll 11 lines using planer boards in the spring.

I have a kite fishing trident for chumming and also use the rod riggers found below that I purchased at a local bait shop:

Attachments

• fish061606.JPG
    fish061606.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 200
duckbutler":3df242e3 said:
I have also added the type which mount to the bow rail (2), roof rail(2), removable which slide into a bracket just back of the bulkhead (2) and a single removable rocket launcher center of the roof. I can troll 11 lines using planer boards in the spring.

I run planner boards too, but only 2 lines off of each board. I don't want to be a PITA to other trollers by dragging a 150' wide spread. :eek: :eek: :eek:

BTW, what kind of chinese fire-drill do you through when one of the outer/middle rods on the board gets a hit?

DaleH":2miaxc0p said:
You could always add rod holders. I did ... boat came with 4 in the washboards and I now have 9. 3 across the stern, and 3 up each side of the gunnels.

The rearmost on each side faces out at a 45 degree angle to the stern/transom, the middle angles out about 30 degrees, and the most forward one (just down from the mid-cleat) faces straight out.

Dale,
You got a pic of the rod holders across the stern???
My Parker has rod holders for 23 rods !!!
But 2 on the stern would help when tuna fishing !!!

Pork

It's all how you deploy and what you do when you get one. Occasionally I need to lift it over or under one of the other rods. I run 3 on each planer 2 roof, 1 roof WWB and the back two corners deep

Back