Rooftop Air Conditioning

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffnick

Reaction score
It's in & running; 'even starts from eco throttle. It's 9,000 BTU's can make the cabin uncomfortably cold on this 90° day while on the trailer in the driveway.

yesalbum.jpg

ac-front.jpg

ac-rear.jpg

ac-controls.jpg

side.jpg

hondagen.jpg

We'll be heading to Beaufort (NC) later in the week -- we'll report on live on the water performance when we return.

Great, to my understanding CO sinks and doesnt just rise away from an engine. Looks like a great job. I am glad my wife doesnt check the projects here because that is one she would love.

We pulled an 'extension cord' through the boat conduit (across the roof and down the corner), hard wired it to the A/C at the top end and put a plug on the other end. We have another heavy duty extension cord that runs up along the gunnel from the generator into the cabin. We are fortunate to have an Electrical Engineer in the family who reminded us to use wire that could handle 20 amps. The heavy duty extension cord is long enough to act as a shore power cord on those rare occasions when we tie up. Over the 4th weekend, we ran that generator & air conditioner 14 hrs a day for 4 days... that A/C gets the job done even in >100° weather.

Back