Running Speaker Wires to Bow 1801

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishtaco

Reaction score
Hey all. I’m looking to mount two speakers under the front casting platform of an 08 1801 like pictured. I’ve read a few other posts describing their install but I still cannot figure out how to get wires under the platform. Does anyone have any pointers on what it looks like under there before I cut? I am thinking I could run the wires up the fuel fill tunnel and under the gunwale cap to the anchor locker, it seems I would then need to drill a hole to get the wires into the casting platform space from the anchor locker.

3A8F55FC-30CB-4857-BA6D-DF9D9DA397D7.jpeg

If anyone has done this and could give some tips that would be great.

Hey all. I’m looking to mount two speakers under the front casting platform of an 08 1801 like pictured. I’ve read a few other posts describing their install but I still cannot figure out how to get wires under the platform. Does anyone have any pointers on what it looks like under there before I cut? I am thinking I could run the wires up the fuel fill tunnel and under the gunwale cap to the anchor locker, it seems I would then need to drill a hole to get the wires into the casting platform space from the anchor locker.

View attachment 36019

If anyone has done this and could give some tips that would be great.
Based on the construction of the boat, you have a couple options:

1) Do as you described and run the wires forward, up the fuel chase, and forward. From there, you could either run them into the anchor locker, down, through the forward bulkhead and into the casting platform, or you could run them directly down from under the gunnels/covering boards, through the top of the casting platform, and from there to the speakers.

2) You can run them aft to the bilge, up through one of the transom corner rigging tubes, and forward underneath the gunnel/covering boards. From there, same options- forward into the anchor locker or straight down into the casting platform.

Does your casting platform have an access hatch under the cushion? Might give you a better idea of what exactly you're dealing with in there. Either way, you're going to have to drill a hole, either in the forward bulkhead or in the top side of the casting platform. I believe both are cored; ensure that the core is properly sealed with epoxy and the hole is sealed with a marine grade removable sealant (NOT silicone or 5200) to prevent water intrusion.

Based on the construction of the boat, you have a couple options:

1) Do as you described and run the wires forward, up the fuel chase, and forward. From there, you could either run them into the anchor locker, down, through the forward bulkhead and into the casting platform, or you could run them directly down from under the gunnels/covering boards, through the top of the casting platform, and from there to the speakers.

2) You can run them aft to the bilge, up through one of the transom corner rigging tubes, and forward underneath the gunnel/covering boards. From there, same options- forward into the anchor locker or straight down into the casting platform.

Does your casting platform have an access hatch under the cushion? Might give you a better idea of what exactly you're dealing with in there. Either way, you're going to have to drill a hole, either in the forward bulkhead or in the top side of the casting platform. I believe both are cored; ensure that the core is properly sealed with epoxy and the hole is sealed with a marine grade removable sealant (NOT silicone or 5200) to prevent water intrusion.
Thanks for the input. I already have wires run from the console to the fuel chase so that’s not an issue. The platform has a cooler insert that is not removable so I’m not able to stick my head in there and look around.

I guess my worry is drilling a hole in that front bulkhead from the anchor locker as there likely isn’t a drain in that front platform to the bilge, so I would need to make sure the holes I drill for the wires are 100% sealed to water intrusion. I also read someone mention that there are supports located on both sides of the cooler running forward and aft that I need to avoid when I cut the speaker holes. I guess I would need to find a way to get wires onto both sides of these supports.

Back