Sad day

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ouch… It looks like the lift might have helped let her down somewhat gently. How does her hull look?

As someone who will have their first boat lift in a few years, this kind of thing is in my future as well. Don’t they make some kind of through-bolt lock that you can put in place for storms? Or maybe you want it to drop so that less damage is done to the structure of the lift?

Sucks regardless. Sorry 😣

Perfect time for a repower. Hull will make it through and be better.

Sorry everyone involved in the Hurricane. Is there any way you can get some heavy duty ratchet straps and strap the boat to the support arms to prevent the boats coming off during high winds? Or better yet, when a hurricane comes put in on a trailer and take in inland?

Brent, sorry to see this happen to you or anyone for that matter. Hopefully this is worst of your troubles! Most of my friends on pine island are fine, friends in st James City not so much. At least everyone I know are alive and well. Bet you're glad you sealed that tank in, she should be fine. Lived here 60+ years, Erma and Ian are the only hurricanes I've ever evacuated. Pulled my boat and anchored it to the ground but not sure that would have saved it had we got the direct hit as predicted.
Best wishes on getting back up to par, check with your insurance company on the Parker to see if they are contracted with a recovery company.
Property van be replaced, People not so much, Great to hear from you and thank you for posting!

Feel your pain. My 25' Parker was on its hoist on Sanibel. The hoist got trashed but held. Good and bad. She was well tied down, but literally sunk on the hoist when the surge hit in our canal. Water, sand and muck went up as high as the storage area above the steering wheel on the center console. As a result, the batteries fried, thus knocking out the automatic bilge pump. The bilge filled with water. Figured that extra 1000+ pounds of weight helped keep the vessel on the hoist. Next time though am taking our the drain plug. Going to save her despite salvage recovery totally screwing up recovery. Good luck with your Parker.

Back