Sad day

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Feel your pain. My 25' Parker was on its hoist on Sanibel. The hoist got trashed but held. Good and bad. She was well tied down, but literally sunk on the hoist when the surge hit in our canal. Water, sand and muck went up as high as the storage area above the steering wheel on the center console. As a result, the batteries fried, thus knocking out the automatic bilge pump. The bilge filled with water. Figured that extra 1000+ pounds of weight helped keep the vessel on the hoist. Next time though am taking our the drain plug. Going to save her despite salvage recovery totally screwing up recovery. Good luck with your Parker.
Sorry

Need help?
Thanks Brent, really appreciate that offer! I'm all set, salvage got my old CC out of the water & pumped out. She floated, so got her towed to the ramp and on my trailer. I was already in the market for a Parker 2120SC, this sped up my decision, taking delivery in December. I'm heading back down next weekend, not permanent yet, but will be will in a few months.

Do you need any help?

Just got word that homeowners on the barrier islands cannot stay in their home until engineer inspections of mechanical and electrical have been performed and work completed.

So sorry Bent, absolutely brutal.
My 2330 had a similar experience during its previous ownership. Nothing they can’t recover from.

Good luck to everyone in SWFL recovering from Ian. I’m in Fort Myers Beach which was decimated. There are destroyed boats and cars EVERYWHERE; not to mention hundreds of homes completely washed away. I’m fortunate in that my higher elevation condo building suffered only minor damage and my boat was the only one within 1/4 mile that held strong and was still on its lift after the hurricane passed. Feeling very fortunate for myself, but very, very sad for so many others.

Hi

Do you have a trailer?

I am not finding new motors available yet and might buy an used one
Any local shops you know to repower?
Thanks
I bought my new Parker at Central Marine in St. Pete. They showed me around the warehouse, Yamahas stacked to the ceiling! If you're looking for one, they'd be the place to call. Got my trailer at Owens & Sons in St. Pete.

Last edited:
Hi

Do you have a trailer?

I am not finding new motors available yet and might buy an used one
Any local shops you know to repower?
Thanks

Hey Brent. Unfortunetly I don’t have a trailer. I had my boat delivered using the shipper/haulers trailer. They were great and have used them for the 2330 and the 2830 recently. Their website is www.interstatehaulers.com and Brett is the owner. Met him and he’s a good guy. … I don’t know of any shops close to us that re-power.

What size trailer do you need? I have one that had my 24 ft Stamas on it for years. I rebuilt the whole thing last year, nose to tail, but my new 23 SE got too close to the fenders. Bought a new LoadRite, great trailer. The old one is on the surplus list.

Back