Sal A / Parker 2520SL with Yamaha F250

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Themis

Reaction score
My name is Sal A. I am married and have three kids. I bought a beach house in 1999, and stared longingly at boats motoring in Barnegat Bay, NJ, for over four years before I finally started to think about buying a boat. My only prior experience boating was as a young teenager on a row boat in Highland Lakes, NJ, and in my twenties on a few sails with my brother-in-law out of New York Harbor and Annapolis.

In 2003 I made my move. After almost buying a pretty 18' Crownline at a dealer near my beach house on impulse, I decided to cool my heels and do more research. Shorty after that I bought a Boston Whaler 16' Ventura. I used it for a season and loved it before upgrading to a BW 19' Nantucket. My family and I loved that rig, but it was too small for us, and some other issues pushed a sale; this was her before she up and left :

http://hometown.aol.com/sarnuk/SalsParker.html

My Whaler now has a home with a fine gentleman in Virginia.

This past September I pulled the trigger on my current rig : Parker2520SL with a Yamaha F250. I am hopeful my dad will come out often, and that together we will learn to fish properly for bluefish, striper, flounder, and sea bass. The Whaler was a little tough on him, and I want to enjoy boating much more with him, as well as with my wife and kids. I am also hopeful that I will use this Parker as a committee boat for sailing in Barnegat Bay.

http://homepage.mac.com/salarnuk/PhotoAlbum2.html

I can't wait. I hope to contribute meaningfully as my knowledge base grows, but given its current level, I expect I initially will be a receiver more than a giver. I have already pilfered ideas from Dale and Capt Kevin, and I hope to have pictures of my boat this spring with those improvements.

Thanks for making this possible, Dale!

PS... Anyone need a boat detailer cheap?
Image-65F1413F9C2211DA.jpg

Back