Sea-dek Cockpit Bolsters

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agree that these look promising. If you click on Additional Information about coaming bolsters, they show some nice custom applications - looks like any width and length can be accomodated. The anti-fatigue helm station mats look nice too.

Hi Ranger Tim,

I purchased the helm pad 2 seasons ago and let me tell you, it's awesome. You can peel off the cover and use the adhesive to mount it "permanantly" at the helm, but I left it on so I can take it out on deck and scrub it once in while. 2 seasons, and the thing looks brand new.
I also purchased the smaller pieces, I forget what they are called, and I put one where you'd normally "land" when you step down into the cabin...slipped once a few years ago and bruised a bone...hurt for almost a year. I ordered them the same day, but at different times and in the package they mailed me was a note. It said that "he" notcied I ordered at two different times and the computer system does not allow them to give me a break on shipping, so he also included trailer treads which go on the wheel fender for traction at no cost. I thought that was nice though I dont have a trailer...
I think you'll enjoy this helm pad.

Tim

R-Tim:

Yes, I;ve seen those and I think they look great! Pretty good price too, for me being a cheap-skate DIY'r ;) .

Have a helm pad at the wheel,
imho takes some of the pounding away.

I called SeaDek and they sent me a free sample of the material in all the different colors they make. The good news is that the Beach Sand color is nearly a perfect match for our Parkers. I also got a cost estimate for custom widths and lengths. Basically they can make them 6" wide and up to 45" long, no SeaDek logo either. To pad my 2520 will cost about $260. Five 45 x 6" lengths.

I compared it to the factory coaming pads at our local Parker dealer. The SeaDeks seem much more rugged than vinyl covered foam, much more dense and far less cushy, however, with only a 3/4' thickness. By comparison, the factory pads are about 3" thick. I think it will be much better than nothing, which is what I have now. They will also be far more durable and really easy to apply or replace.

I think I'll be pulling the trigger on these soon.

Bill Gilchrist -Parker 2520 DV with Merc Diesel and Bravo III

Aquinnah":12inrbe2 said:
The anti-fatigue helm station mats look nice too.

I got one of them for Christmas.
I'll let you know how it works in the spring. :wink:

TimC2520":1erq0dam said:
Hi Ranger Tim,

I purchased the helm pad 2 seasons ago and let me tell you, it's awesome. You can peel off the cover and use the adhesive to mount it "permanantly" at the helm, but I left it on so I can take it out on deck and scrub it once in while. 2 seasons, and the thing looks brand new.
I also purchased the smaller pieces, I forget what they are called, and I put one where you'd normally "land" when you step down into the cabin...slipped once a few years ago and bruised a bone...hurt for almost a year. I ordered them the same day, but at different times and in the package they mailed me was a note. It said that "he" notcied I ordered at two different times and the computer system does not allow them to give me a break on shipping, so he also included trailer treads which go on the wheel fender for traction at no cost. I thought that was nice though I dont have a trailer...
I think you'll enjoy this helm pad.

Tim

hey, tim!
seen ya on the barn, didnt know you were over here too!
small world, i guess :D

Daniel,

I actually purchased a set of dock pads that I was going to use as coaming pads. But there were a couple of problems. The color was a bright white, and that didn't match the boat color at all. Second, attaching it would require drilling a lot of holes or making a board backing. Also, leaning into a wet fabric covered dock bumper would get your pant leg more wet than vinyl or the SeaDek foam. On the plus side, it looked like it would last forever, and could be hosed off.

So I decided not to use it. It's sitting in my garage attic, still in the box. One of those big ideas that was not as great as I first thought.

Bill

Back