Seadek?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rock Bottom

Reaction score
Has anyone used any of Seadeks products. I'm thinking of having them make up some coaming pads for my 2510. I also wanted to know if the helm pads adhesive backing would stick to the famous Parker NON-skid surfaces.

I want to get them too, coaming pads that is, just never got around to it. On my '92 vintage SC, the vertical area where the pads would install is smooth gelcoat. As long as it is cleaned of any wax residue and roughened a tad, I am quite sure the adhesive will stick.

I myself would never use a Seadek product on a flat surface one would walk on. No reason, other than I believe in years it would look trashed ...

I have the helm station pad in my 2520. Had it for 3 years now and I love it. I did not like the idea of using the adhesive to "permanently" put it on the floor. I peeled off the paper backing and layed some of that rug padding you can get at Home Depot to keep area rugs from sliding around. It adhered perfectly, now the helm station doesn't slide around at all, yet I can pick it up when I hose down the floor in the cockpit.

Attachments

• SeaDeck.jpg
    SeaDeck.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 1,504
Looks good Tim! How does it hold up to stains & dirt, etc.?

I have been considering the combiong pads too, any one ever seen them on other boats?? In real working conditions?

I got the free sample pack and the stuff seems a little stiff for combing pads to me but hard to tell with a 3" square piece.

Bryan 2530":j3x2vicz said:
I got the free sample pack and the stuff seems a little stiff for combing pads to me ...

I share the same concern Bryan, but am thinking that 'stiff foam' beats 'rock hard fiberglass' on the knees anyday!

True, and it might help on the older style transom where my boat and your boat areflat with no toe space.

DaleH":tdq9eq6z said:
Looks good Tim! How does it hold up to stains & dirt, etc.?

Looks just as good as the day I got it honestly.
I do take care of the occassional stain that
does not want to come out with normal soap by spraying of a bathroom tile cleaner or anything with a mild bleach solution and just hose it off.

I just ordered the coaming pads. They said it would take two weeks to get them. I'll post a pic when I get them on the boat.

This is the color combo I ordered. No text, it's called beach sand over black

Attachments

• bolsters_03[1].jpg
    bolsters_03[1].jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 1,313
Rock Bottom,
I was wondering how the SeaDek pads were holding up. I pulled off my bolted on coaming pads to replace the vinyl again and was thinking how much easier these would be. I figure by the time I order the vinyl, sew the corners, etc, and then reinstall them again, the SeaDek pads would be much easier. I called today to get an estimate. I'm looking at Beach Sand on top of Beach Sand.

I was also wondering if the beach sand is a close match to the Parker vinyl seats and gelcoat.

Any help is appreciated.

I have Seadek on another boat I have (not the coaming pads),I have it under the gunnels to protect rods and also protect fiberglass from rods banging around,looks great and had logo of boat done in center with the edge in black.

Good product.

robert

I've been interested in doing this and have been following this post (and other similar ones). Can anyone give a rough idea of cost for a 2110? I believe each side that would be padded is approx. 6'-8' long. Just wondering if anyone has done this and can provide rough details.

Thanks.

Back