Seaspension Pedestal/Post Adjustment

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozdogg

Reaction score
CP Family,

Does anybody know if the Seaspension pedestal/post can be adjusted? Mine seems a little stiff.

Seaspention asked me the average weight of the the persons sitting in each seat so the preload could be set before shipping out. It is something they claimed could only be done by them. Never researched exactly what if anything they do. What I can say they are spot on and a game changer. No questions asked they made the boat a real boat. No need to spend time guessing how best to trim the boat to cross a wake or run down the bay in chop or waves.

Seaspention asked me the average weight of the the persons sitting in each seat so the preload could be set before shipping out. It is something they claimed could only be done by them. Never researched exactly what if anything they do. What I can say they are spot on and a game changer. No questions asked they made the boat a real boat. No need to spend time guessing how best to trim the boat to cross a wake or run down the bay in chop or waves.
Thanks for your response!!

As Reefrunner stated, just call Ian, the new owner at Seaspension, and give him the particulars about weight, type of boating you do, etc. That should be a quick turnaround on the pedestal to get it adjusted properly. The majority of pedestals are set for the majority of the people, but if you are either lighter or heavier, either the coil-over spring can be swapped, or the pre-load can be adjusted.

As Reefrunner stated, just call Ian, the new owner at Seaspension, and give him the particulars about weight, type of boating you do, etc. That should be a quick turnaround on the pedestal to get it adjusted properly. The majority of pedestals are set for the majority of the people, but if you are either lighter or heavier, either the coil-over spring can be swapped, or the pre-load can be adjusted.
Thank you!

For those of you that have a Seaspension pedestal, you know that they are a back saver. As I stated in this post, mine seemed a bit stiff. So I took the advice from a few of you and contacted Ian and sure enough, my pedestal was rated for a heavier person. He quickly sent out a new spring assembly and now it's so much better! Excellent customer service at Seaspension!

Back