Seating in cockpit 2320

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 8988

Reaction score
Hey everyone!
Ordered a 2320 a few months ago. Just waiting for it to be delivered. Will be using this not only for fishing but family cruising. Besides deck chairs, bean bags, and the folding transom bench - anyone fix mount seating inside the cockpit? I did see a company Nautical Designs that makes leaning posts with seats. Just wondering if anyone has attempted something like this?

Watching what you will come up with!

I'm thinking of replacing the bench with two suspension/pedestal seats. Vertical bouncing is significant in the cabin, forward facing suspension seats make a lot of sense and there is enough room for an install that would permit full adjustments, and the chairs could still turn.

For flat water cruising, the bench is okay, my wife loves sitting there; however, once we hit some rougher water, she's back at the stern, in a bean bag - fast.
1630942722453.jpeg

On occasion, I've had six adults in bean bags in the cockpit - still very comfortable.
1630942892878.jpeg
1630942851856.png
1630942774707.jpeg
1630942658024.jpeg

--

I'm thinking of replacing the bench with two suspension/pedestal seats. Vertical bouncing is significant in the cabin, forward facing suspension seats make a lot of sense and there is enough room for an install that would permit full adjustments, and the chairs could still turn.

For flat water cruising, the bench is okay, my wife loves sitting there; however, once we hit some rougher water, she's back at the stern, in a bean bag - fast.
View attachment 30568

On occasion, I've had six adults in bean bags in the cockpit - still very comfortable.
View attachment 30571
View attachment 30570
View attachment 30569
View attachment 30567

--
That’s awesome and great shots. How are the beanbags holding up? Which brand did you get? Assuming you just leave them in pilothouse or store in your house when not in use?

That’s awesome and great shots. How are the beanbags holding up? Which brand did you get? Assuming you just leave them in pilothouse or store in your house when not in use?
Yes, we got the E-SeaRider, very good quality, dry them with the towels and keep them in the boat, rotate with some we keep at home.
Pat Bennett <[email protected]>
This was the last purchase: 2 x Teardrop Style Marine Bean Bag - Medium Longneck (MTL-003-SS-) = $259.90

We also have a bunch of "bote" band chairs, inflatable, but they are not as comfortable and my kids have a strong preference for bean bags.

--

Behind the cabin bulkhead lends itself nicely to deck chairs. Combined with the folding rear bench seat, that would make a good seating arrangement. I also have a couple of bean bags, they are indeed a good option. Especially for rough water riding. The only downside to the bean bags is that they are hard to get in and out of if you are not in great shape or a little long in the tooth.

Attachments

• E3A7A209-0318-40AF-89AD-63F06F45537E.jpeg
    E3A7A209-0318-40AF-89AD-63F06F45537E.jpeg
    151.3 KB · Views: 84
Behind the cabin bulkhead lends itself nicely to deck chairs. Combined with the folding rear bench seat, that would make a good seating arrangement. I also have a couple of bean bags, they are indeed a good option. Especially for rough water riding. The only downside to the bean bags is that they are hard to get in and out of if you are not in great shape or a little long in the tooth.
What type of deck chairs are you using?

I have two white deck chairs with armrests from West Marine along with a transom bench that I made to evaluate the cockpit seating. The deck chairs simply take up too much space and I plan to install a folding transom bench soon. Everything in the cockpit area is cleared when I'm tuna fishing.

View attachment 30568

View attachment 30571
View attachment 30570
View attachment 30569
View attachment 30567

--
Great shots!

My crew are huge fans of putting Pro Pedestal's under the bench. I've done it on a 2120 and a 2320. It really softens the ride.View attachment 30595View attachment 30596View attachment 30597
Get the real deal - not a copycat. Seaspension made Bench Posts for a variety of high profile customers, all with independent suspension, many years before Propedestal was experimenting with his. They are all still operating with the utmost customer satisfaction, some of them more than 15 years old. Give the new owner of Seaspension a call.

Bean bags get the vote hands down every time. I have two Ocean Tamer medium tear drop bags. The best sleep I have gotten on a long fishing day.

What type of deck chairs are you using?
I too have similar chairs as Shawnee83s; There are numerous brands available on Amazon which is where I think I remember getting the two we have.
The pros and cons (imho) are;
Pros; they are fairly sturdy and heavy, so they don't move around even in rough seas, and even when no one is sitting in them. They are easy to clean. They are comfortable and 'sit good'. (No, not as comfortable as a bean bag, but then what is! ☺)
Cons; The air-craft lock nuts are constantly falling off; mostly because the bolts are too short, and the nylon lock piece does not engage. I've replaced some of the bolts with longer bolts, which has helped. The chairs are large even when folded for storage; they take up a lot of space and are hard to stow inside the pilothouse.
1631456458902.png

We use these,
Big Joe Dorm Smartmax, Stretch Limo Black
They are like little bean bag chairs, people like them better than the bean bags. covered with a washable vinyl, paid between 38-45 for each chair on amazon. They have a strap, so throw them on the roof, loop the strap over the rod holder and put a rod (or gaff) and they stay tight. have had 1 blow overboard while running offshore, but at 38 bucks, who cares. I've had them for about 2 years with hefty buddies using them. Many people fall asleep and the extra shape holds them up. Wife uses them to watch TV sometimes as she says they are more comfortable than the sofa. Older people do have a harder time getting out of them. We stack them sometimes as well to get a little more height.

We use up to four of these on our 2520. Very comfortable, very light (they have straps to carry like a backpack), very cool mesh seat and back, and they fold very flat. We keep 2 onboard all the time - stowed in vee berth. I usually have one set up in my garage for being lazy in. West Marine just had them on sale for $79 (for the wider, comfort plus model).

Cap'n Dan
20210912_132744.jpg

We use up to four of these on our 2520. Very comfortable, very light (they have straps to carry like a backpack), very cool mesh seat and back, and they fold very flat. We keep 2 onboard all the time - stowed in vee berth. I usually have one set up in my garage for being lazy in. West Marine just had them on sale for $79 (for the wider, comfort plus model).

Cap'n Dan
View attachment 30628
Another vote for these lightweight folding west marine chairs. I keep three in my 2520 xl vberth. They are perfect in my opinion. Comfy, stable, light, easy stow. Those white heavy duty deck chairs are expensive, heavy, and hard to store. I find the bean bags awkward.

I too have similar chairs as Shawnee83s; There are numerous brands available on Amazon which is where I think I remember getting the two we have.
The pros and cons (imho) are;
Pros; they are fairly sturdy and heavy, so they don't move around even in rough seas, and even when no one is sitting in them. They are easy to clean. They are comfortable and 'sit good'. (No, not as comfortable as a bean bag, but then what is! ☺)
Cons; The air-craft lock nuts are constantly falling off; mostly because the bolts are too short, and the nylon lock piece does not engage. I've replaced some of the bolts with longer bolts, which has helped. The chairs are large even when folded for storage; they take up a lot of space and are hard to stow inside the pilothouse.
View attachment 30619
I agree with this. Funny, also with the same experience with the nuts. I do love them however and will buy another set when these crap out.

Get the real deal - not a copycat. Seaspension made Bench Posts for a variety of high profile customers, all with independent suspension, many years before Propedestal was experimenting with his. They are all still operating with the utmost customer satisfaction, some of them more than 15 years old. Give the new owner of Seaspension a call.
I'll 2nd Peter's Post. After a lot of research and considering the "other guys", I opted for the real deal and my only regret is not doing it sooner. I'm in San Diego and we typically run 40 - 60 miles offshore in 2'- 3' of wind chop. Absolutely the best customer service of any company I've ever dealt with.

Back