second station ignition?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dawgs

Reaction score
who has an ignition on their second station? how is it wired? instead of a full ignition does it make sense to just put a push button start and a push button kill?

Dawgs":2vi36l24 said:
who has an ignition on their second station? how is it wired? instead of a full ignition does it make sense to just put a push button start and a push button kill?
You can't do a 2nd ignition, so you use the pushbutton to power the starter circuit. Works slick!

Weather sealed push buttons.
One to start, one to stop (and a kill switch).

Attachments

• 01 rear station.jpg
    01 rear station.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 279
I always thought that kill switch was another key. Lol. So what wires do you put the start and stop switches on?

Dawgs":1yr1spw9 said:
I always thought that kill switch was another key. Lol. So what wires do you put the start and stop switches on?

The stop button is easy. Just connect it to the same wire being used by the kill switch.
The start button is connected to the start circuit on your ignition switch.
So long as your key switch is in the 'run' position, the start button on the rear station will activate the outboard starter.

Click on the photo above and it should open up to full size so you can see the detail better.

Ok I can figure out the kill switch. With the starter switch...where do I wire this into exactly. Please be specific.

Thank you

Dawgs":2qecvww5 said:
Ok I can figure out the kill switch. With the starter switch...where do I wire this into exactly. Please be specific.
On OMC motors, it was the 2 magneto positions from the OMC key switch. As it happens, this also worked with my Suzuki DF250ho OB.

To be really specific, you should check/confirm your brand keyswitch positions with an OEM manual or a dealer.

Back