Second Station

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rod M

Reaction score
I'm slowing getting my bulkhead station installed. The bulkhead box with steering and shifter is attached. I have an ICOM 506 VHF in the cabin and ran a cable and the smart handheld microphone to the back of the pilothouse. I didn't want it mounted close to the steering wheel and getting tangled up with it. I didn't realize just how low the steering wheel was going to be. If I was doing it again, I might look at putting it and the shifter both on top of the box. I have the cables ordered and I think I have all I need in the way of hoses to hook up the steering. I think the bulkhead steering helm is actually a bit lower than the one in the cabin so I'll try bleeding the system from the cabin. I'm guessing I'll have to do some at both helms. I'm also adding a livewell. I have a 30 gallon a buddy found for me. It can't be a permanent fixture so I'm going to put 3 low profile footman loops around the base of it and 3 on the livewell and use straps to hold it in place. I'll just run the overflow over the back.

Attachments

• inside.jpg
    inside.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 40
  • livewell.jpg
    livewell.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 45
  • station.jpg
    station.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 44
RodM, take a look at these: Strap - Deck Plate Cooler Kit — Cooler Tie Downs | Low-Profile Systems by Kennedy Products I used this kit to secure the livewell on my 1700. The stainless plates that mount to the deck are really low profile. I used a Weld Mount strap loop on the livewell to form the other connection. Empty, there's still enough slack for it to shift around a little (with 2 straps); full, with a nonskid mat underneath, it's rock solid. They may work for your application as well.

You are correct about the low placement of the wheel: I installed an "Edson" speed knob on my outer station steering wheel: that helped. Also, I have a 240 qt Engle Deep blue cooler mounted on my 2320 deck/ cockpit. I sit on the forward aspect of that cooler and drive: Sitting on the cooler, looking out between the two forward windshields, the steering wheel height is ideal.
Standing, loading on the trailer or any other application, standing behind that helm outside, operating the wheel is not a natural position.

also second the “Kennedy tie down” systems. They are slick, super low
Profile, clean looking, rigid and tough. Properly installed they will
Last the lifetime of the hull and never allow water intrusion into the deck.
Completely removal apparatus as well.

https://www.kennedytiedown.com/

Last edited:
Back