Securing plow anchor

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ackvor

Reaction score
Hello,
I would like to use a plow anchor in my pulpit of a 23 DVCC. Any ideas on the best way to secure the anchor in the pulpit, in lieu of a windlass?? Possibly a small cleat in the anchor locker with a small line attatched to the chain??
Thanks
Jake

Jake,

My HydroBubble sits in the pulpit and is held in place with a Windline chain tensioner.
http://www.boatersworld.com/product/157420118.htm

157420118.jpg

Image-E6165A2FFCAF11D9.jpg

I also have a 'safety' that I made up using a piece of parachute cord and a stainless steel snap that connects to my port bow cleat, and clips to a link on my anchor chain.

The safety is partially obscured by the pipe insulation I put on my anchor chain to keep it from scratching up the deck. :wink:

Image-2DB7098339BB11DA.jpg

Hope this helps.

Kevin,

It never ceases to amaze me how clean your boat is. I remember her sitting next to mine at Fairwinds, with the DE stickers and full of leaves and crud. Your bilge looks better than a couple of operating rooms I've seen. :( :( :(

Thanks Dave. I work hard to keep her squared away, and when someone notices, it means a lot to me. :)

You know what my girl looked like on the outside when I bought her, but I wish I'd taken photos of the bilge back then... :shock: OMG!!!

I found 3 quart bottles of ATF in the bilge because the original trim tabs leaked... To make matters worse, there was a box of trolling weights sitting on the bilge pump float switch. :roll: The bilge was full of swamp water and had a quarter inch of ATF floating on top of it.

I am constantly amazed at the guys here on ClassicParker and on ClassicMako that can make magic happen in fiberglass, but unfortunately, that isn't me. What I know how to do is to clean, detail, and upgrade the little things... so that is what I do.
Thanks again for noticing. :)

Back