Selling 2820, How to determine Price?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnkn

Reaction score
Hi, I'm going to be selling my 2017 2820 OpenBack. What's the best way to determine it's value? Is there a pricing guide that's accurate? Or just look at comps at BoatTrader, etc. (if there are any).

thank you
john

Last edited:
Knowing how meticulous you are with your toys coupled with how hot the used market is right now, you will likely get a good price for it. While not for everybody, the open back set up is a rare find and will be a big plus for the right buyer.

I have always bought mine "right". If cared for, Parkers seem to appreciate at a fairly steady rate. After 5 years of ownership I managed to sell near what I paid. My gut tells me $135k would be a good place to start and would attract serious buyers.

Last edited:
I think Jim is "spot-on". I wouldn't start any lower than 135 and you can always go down if needed

Im in the market for a 2820, looking at new or near new. would be interested to know more about yours, photos , engine hours, equipment , trailer etc.

Like johnkn said, if you can find some past sales info that will give you a feel of the market pricing. I would look up the blue book value to use as a guide but in the end it depends on how bad someone wants it and what they are willing to pay. Last resort would be to let a dealer sell it. When I sold my boat the dealer suggested they list it for $7,000 less than the price I sold it for myself and they would take a commission out of the sale.

Back