Ships ground

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raysbigfish

Reaction score
I have a 2002 2510 deep V , I just installed a Fruno dff1-uhd , and I am getting some interference on the screen. I was told to ground the unit to ships ground. Can someone please tell me where that is . All I have is powered to battery ground. Thanks

I have a 2002 2510 deep V , I just installed a Fruno dff1-uhd , and I am getting some interference on the screen. I was told to ground the unit to ships ground. Can someone please tell me where that is . All I have is powered to battery ground. Thanks

Your boat may or may not be equipped with it. If you do have a DC grounding system (not to be confused with the DC “grounded” or negative black wires) it will be green wires running from the electronic equipment to a stud or bus, which is then tied into the main DC negative bus and with the addition of a grounding plate bolted through the hull, likely in the bilge area. Your interference is likely being caused by the radios; it may be mitigated by having the DFF1 and all radios properly grounded.

Small boats such as Parkers and virtually all other boats under 30-35ft do not have a grounding plate. In such a case, you need to "ground" your electrical equipment to the negative (black) side of your 12 volt (or 24v) system. Don't confuse this grounding wire with the negative 12v DC wire that powers electrical current to your equipment.

Back