Should I buy this prop?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tito

Reaction score
I have a 2320 w Yamaha 250. It has the original 3 blade prop it came with but a Power Tech SS 4 blade prop 15P OFX-4 just came up for sale and I’m wondering if it would improve my performance and fuel burn. Not that I feel anything bad with the prop I have but from reading is sounds like a lot of guys like the 4 blade better. I’m not trying to break any speed records just want the best ride possible. I’m in SoCal so I carry a big bait tank. I also am waiting on my permatrim to arrive. Thx!

Attachments

• 634B4D00-FB6A-4388-B7BF-B063C34044CF.png
    634B4D00-FB6A-4388-B7BF-B063C34044CF.png
    7.3 MB · Views: 19
Don't know any specifics about that 4 blade but on my 2320 F250 a 4 blade improved my hole shot, slower planing speed, better mpg at cruise, but lost 2-3 mph off the top which I didn't care about.

I put a similar Power Tech on my 2520 xld, it got me on plane faster and hold at lower rpm, small improvement on fuel and as mentioned lost 2-3 mph on the top end.

Personally....I'm not a fan of Power Tech's..... But then I run Suzuki's.

Having tried a 4 blade on the 2530 I had.....I went back to the 3 blade....So. don't think a 4 blade is a cure all.

Furthermore your money will be well spent to contact Prop God's......It's about $50 or $75 to test a prop...... https://propgods.com/

Wouldn't you rather spend that to test....and know for SURE....where you want to plop your $ down to get the biggest Bang for your Buck?

I have a 2320 w Yamaha 250. It has the original 3 blade prop it came with but a Power Tech SS 4 blade prop 15P OFX-4 just came up for sale and I’m wondering if it would improve my performance and fuel burn. Not that I feel anything bad with the prop I have but from reading is sounds like a lot of guys like the 4 blade better. I’m not trying to break any speed records just want the best ride possible. I’m in SoCal so I carry a big bait tank. I also am waiting on my permatrim to arrive. Thx!

If you live on the west coast you can contact Bryan at Valley prop for Great service.
Knows your area well and has a long history with Parkers. He also has a prop test program with data sheet to get you what your looking for.
Highly recommend

Bryan
Valley Propeller Service
2805 Palma Dr.
Ventura, CA 93003

805-644-5055

If you live on the west coast you can contact Bryan at Valley prop for Great service.
Knows your area well and has a long history with Parkers. He also has a prop test program with data sheet to get you what your looking for.
Highly recommend

Bryan
Valley Propeller Service
2805 Palma Dr.
Ventura, CA 93003

805-644-5055
Wow great contact. Thank you!!

Back