Show and tell: Your tow vehicle

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fish, the truck was sold to me with it stating it has a towing package in writing. The dealer said that it does have a tranny cooler with the trailer package.. (the gear ratio was not in writing - I just asked him if it had the same package as my burb with the g80, tow package, 3.73, and he said it was the same) It does have the 7 prong round receptical but the truck is not an HD but a 1LT Classic Silverado.

Do you work for a Chevy dealer?

Here is the truck I purchased:
http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/dda/d ... id=1328210

went to NJ to get it because they gave me over 15k for my Lincoln LS where all local dealers were going to give me 12k at the most. I guess NJ likes Lincolns more--kbb trade in was only 13.5 on the car.

I owe the dealer my factory rims to my lincoln and will be there again this weekend and want to ask him about it.

Ok fishfactory, you got me worked up. I have been in my glove box looking at the build specs and comparing to the chevy website

Tow package does include a tranny cooler (HD has external oil cooler over the classic silverado 1500 as well as a few other things):

http://www.chevrolet.com/silveradoclassic/features/

I also have the z85 trailering suspension according to the build specs in my glove box. I guess my only disappointment in the deal is that I thought I was getting a 3.73 rear when I am geared higher. I am within my ratings so that is really the least of my worries until I tow with it. I may even get better fuel mileage because of the higher gearing. However my burb with the 3.73 has noticably more kick not towing. My burb has pleanty to pull my boat so I anticipate the higher ratio to be adequate in acceleration. I think I am better off putting air bags and higher rated hitch on her. Overall I am pleased with the truck and the deal I received. (They gave me a lot for my car and I got them down some on the truck)

Uncle Matt, My father just bought the same truck as you with the 6.0l. It is a tough stiff truck that can haul some poundage...

I hope so. Looks like I sold my 23SE and will be delivering it to the new owner in North Carolina. Then heading to Crocker's Marine, about 30 minutes away, and if all goes well I'll be retunring with a 2006 2501 leftover with twins. 825 miles plus each way.

I should of bought a diesel!!!!

"825 mi each way",

you sell the boat to someone in Appalachia ? :lol:

According to AAA, it's 850 plus miles between Shrewsbury, Massachusetts and the Wilmington, North Carolina area. I believe the new owner said he was about 30 minutes north of Wilmington. Either way it's going to be a long haul.

Uncle Matt":2ox63e92 said:
According to AAA, it's 850 plus miles between Shrewsbury, Massachusetts and the Wilmington, North Carolina area. I believe the new owner said he was about 30 minutes north of Wilmington. Either way it's going to be a long haul.

I mis-read your prior post, thought you lived 30 minutes from Crockers and was gonna deliver your 23SE to someone 850 mi. away, but still in NC!

I sent you a PM

Here's my new Tundra ....Plenty of POWER !!....Jim

Attachments

• Tundra Copy copy.jpg
    Tundra Copy copy.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 6,973
111780100_1999.JPG

2001 Ford Expedition - 5.4 liter engine

Its a lease that my boss pays for! I'd rather drive a pick-up but it isn't practical for the 3 boys and a 4th child on the way. Will need to upsize for next season.
1801oa0.jpg
[/url][/img]

B-Faithful, how bout a tow report on your new p/u?

If you're still going by "Wide Stance", I guess that would be a "toe tapping report" :D

This is my Baby!

2007 F-350 6.0 Powerstroke With "Boss Hoss" Banks System & Silverline Turbo Back Duals. 25K Miles. 15000lb 2.5" reciever.

I pull my 2520SL and cant even tell its there. I have a friend with the 2006 exact mods & truck and went 13.40 in the quater mile with it locked in 4WD.

I am in the process of getting a new trailer from the dealer to replace my existing EZ-loader. I am getting the 4 wheel disc brake system with electric over hydralic instead of surge. I hate surge brakes & drums. The Ford has the intigrated Brake controller that works excellent with my 36' 12000lb travel trailer and will feel much better acticating my brakes from inside the truck to make sure they are working if I need them.

Attachments

• Picture 073.jpg
    Picture 073.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 827
  • Picture 078.jpg
    Picture 078.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 827
I can hear Tim the Toolman now...
More power! 8)

BTW - you're going to love those electric over hydraulic brakes. :wink:

FishFactory":1zubhxek said:
B-Faithful, how bout a tow report on your new p/u?

If you're still going by "Wide Stance", I guess that would be a "toe tapping report" :D

Being that I drive 30,000 miles a year, I love the economy and comfort of the truck. It is a full size truck that I average 17-18mpg with combined city and hwy running. It still isnt great for towing but for what I do it is fine. The rear is just too high in it and the suspension too soft. It likes to downshift on the smallest incline and is a dog compared the burb with the 3.73. When I can, I take the suburban. That is about perfect with the heavy duty suspension (for the 1500 series) and the 3.73 rear is perfect with the 5.3l. It doesnt really do much worse on fuel either.

1997 f150 beater 4X4 If I can get 2 more seasons out of it It will have been worth the $4G I paid for it. Cruise control works, a/c works,radio works and it pulls the fishpimp nicely.Runs the Beach when needed.
It aint pretty. I think thats what I like about it most.

Attachments

• my beater f150.jpg
    my beater f150.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 771
I tow my 2530 with my Dodge 2500 TD.

The truck is bone stock and works just dandy!

EmptyPocketsDodge.jpg

The above is a shot from last year prior to painting her name and adding additional equipment to the top of the Pilot House.

Kevin

Yo if i seen you towing a parker with that little car on highway i would be laughing my ass off saying to who ever is with me this guy is a nut job!!!LOL that is a great photo!!

Back