Simrad 20+ Halo Mounting Options

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miker1234

Reaction score
I just purchased my Simrad Halo 20+ Radar for my 2320. There are three mounting options I was considering.

1. Flush mount directly to the roof with a 5 degree wedge

2. Mount using 5” high flat pedestal

3. Mount using 5” high pedestal with 5 degree tilt forward.

I see many Parker’s with one of these three configurations.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I just purchased my Simrad Halo 20+ Radar for my 2320. There are three mounting options I was considering.

1. Flush mount directly to the roof with a 5 degree wedge

2. Mount using 5” high flat pedestal

3. Mount using 5” high pedestal with 5 degree tilt forward.

I see many Parker’s with one of these three configurations.

Thoughts?
Option 3 is the way to go. You want to get your radar up off the roof, so that the edge of the roof doesn’t obstruct the beam. And you want to tilt it slightly forward, so that when you’re up on plane and slightly bow high, your radar beam is level rather than shooting up into the sky.

Battlewagon used to make an awesome stainless steel pedestal with a built in 5 degree forward tilt, but unfortunately they’ve closed up shop. Your best bet is likely Scanstrut with a wedge between the dome and the pedestal. You’ll need to get custom length bolts to compensate for the wedge being thicker on the aft end.

My Halo 20+ with a Battlewagon mount: DA474148-A0F3-4179-9A3C-0E38C1A27E34.jpeg
3A2B6175-D9F8-450A-BF8C-38E4FD6F26E5.jpeg

Customer’s Fantom 18 with a Scanstrut and wedge:
9E77D844-8D02-407F-B2A0-EA74B4CF6F10.jpeg
3F75F5FE-EC6C-46F2-AA96-01D828376178.jpeg

Avoid the powder coated mounts, as they’ll eventually chalk up, chip, and flake, which looks horrible. Polished stainless with a bit of care will look good forever.

Last edited:
What Pelagic said...... But spend the $... Buy a Stainless Mount..... Not a alum Powdercoated unit.

It will look like crap in 3yrs.

Option 3 is the way to go. You want to get your radar up off the roof, so that the edge of the roof doesn’t obstruct the beam. And you want to tilt it slightly forward, so that when you’re up on plane and slightly bow high, your radar beam is level rather than shooting up into the sky.

Battlewagon used to make an awesome stainless steel pedestal with a built in 5 degree forward tilt, but unfortunately they’ve closed up shop. Your best bet is likely Scanstrut with a wedge between the dome and the pedestal. You’ll need to get custom length bolts to compensate for the wedge being thicker on the aft end.

My Halo 20+ with a Battlewagon mount: View attachment 35608
View attachment 35610

Customer’s90FB90AB-A109-47F6-BD93-0F79DADA5EAB.jpeg Fantom 18 with a Scanstrut and wedge:
View attachment 35607
View attachment 35609

Avoid the powder coated mounts, as they’ll eventually chalk up, chip, and flake, which looks horrible. Polished stainless with a bit of care will look good forever.
Is mounting on the raised up section (1) with bolts going through to the inner cabin the way to go? I know that section is thin with no solid core. Is it stable? I think mine will hit the mast light and will get a stainless steel, 5” high, forward or aft tilt, with 5 degree forward wedge.

I’ve also seen people mount in location (2). Not my boat in the photo.

Last edited:
Is mounting on the raised up section (1) with bolts going through to the inner cabin the way to go? I know that section is thin with no solid core. Is it stable? I think mine will hit the mast light and will get a stainless steel, 5” high, forward or aft tilt, with 5 degree forward wedge.

I’ve also seen people mount in location (2). Not my boat in the photo.
As you can see in the Garmin pictures above, it’s mounted to the raised area. It’s not cored, but it’s thick enough to support the weight of the pedestal and the dome, which is pretty light. I’d recommend fender washers on the underside to help distribute the load.

Back