Simrad 3 in 1 transducer location?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheapie408

Reaction score
Just ordered a go7 xsr. Wondering if anyone have this on there parker? Any photo of where you mounted yours?

If you pinch and zoom, you can see my 3 into 1 transducer. It feeds the Go12 XSR mounted in the cockpit. I also have an Airmar 1kw thruhull that feeds the two EVO3's in the cabin. MY TM 3/1 is coming down the starboard side of the bracket per Navico recommendations:

03-E39-D07-9-B24-4-D23-B7-B7-805-A775-CD727.jpg

Last edited:
Why the 3 in one? It has a paddle wheel for speed.....GPS is much more accurate .
Thruhull is Much cleaner...Especially if you have a bracket.

Why the 3 in one? It has a paddle wheel for speed.....GPS is much more accurate .
I believe he's talking about the Totalscan transducer for the side view functions. There's no paddle wheel on that one. Although, a STW reading can be very useful for trolling in some cases.

I'm about to do a similar thing with a totalscan on a deep vee. 2120 scdv. Can that transducer be mounted to the flat part of the hull, where the keel flattens out just in front of the outboard?
That would give an unobstructed view for side imaging.

He's referring to Simrad active imaging: no paddle wheel and does rely on GPS inside for speed ( no external antenna needed): it's 3 into 1 transducer: Active Imaging 3-in-1 CHIRP, SideScan and DownScan with FishReveal. It's awesome. I have the 1kw thru hull that i watch while running. Once to my bottom spot, I go out to the cockpit and watch the Go12XSR with 3 into 1 X'ducer feeding it. You can see a fish pass gas underwater with this sensitivity.

My opinion to the OP: Get both: 1kw to one sonar and 3/1 to another. Best of all worlds.

I'm about to do a similar thing with a totalscan on a deep vee. 2120 scdv. Can that transducer be mounted to the flat part of the hull, where the keel flattens out just in front of the outboard?
That would give an unobstructed view for side imaging.

No. it would interfere with water to the prop. This particular X'ducer is BIG and LONG. I wouldn't want it interfering w/ my clean water to the prop. Navico recommends just paramedian on the starboard side for standard right hand rotation motor.

There's an older garmin 541s on the boat with a thru hull at the moment. The Go7 will be install along side with that. I couldn't resist the ability to be able to connect a phone or tablet wirelessly not it and be in the cockpit to view and control it.

There's an older garmin 541s on the boat with a thru hull at the moment. The Go7 will be install along side with that. I couldn't resist the ability to be able to connect a phone or tablet wirelessly not it and be in the cockpit to view and control it.

I hope you’re able to materialize that plan. Others have described tablets and screens other than marine grade MFD’s in the cockpit as inhibited by the glare. I hope the tablet screen glare is not an issue for you.

Worst case scenario I’ve seen go7xsr used for $450 with no transducer. You can mount a second go7 in the cockpit under the lip of the cabin roof as shown in my first picture of this thread. Make it a slave to the primary Simrad go7 at the helm and just screen share from the helm to the go7 in the cockpit.
One x’ducer/ 2 screens
Or
Just mount the go7 exactly where mine is located. Keep the 541s at the helm and put the simrad in the cockpit.

Ive used a note 20 as well as a 10" tab on my walkaround with no issues. On a cheap $100 tablet I can see it to be an issue but on the better ones sunlight is not quite an issue.

Alternatively, the Go7 can go in the cockpit and the tablet can be inside the cabin. There are many ways to skin the cat on this one.

Sydngoose, I hadn't considered the interference of water to the prop.

This where my Totalscan transducer is mounted on my 1800. I used a Sternmate mounting system to avoid drilling any holes in the transom below the waterline. It also offers adjustability for getting the transducer location dialed in just right without having to patch and redrill holes. You could fabricate your own out of 3/4" or 1" Starboard with several holes bottom drilled and tapped from the backside to provide a mechanical grip for the epoxy.

Cap;n Dan

Attachments

• 1800Xdcr.jpg
    1800Xdcr.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 23
Back