Simrad AP16

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stoker2001

Reaction score
does any can confirm this system comes with rate-compass and where it would typically be installed in parker 2820?also is a rudder feedback sensor required and where would it be?thanks

does any can confirm this system comes with rate-compass and where it would typically be installed in parker 2820?also is a rudder feedback sensor required and where would it be?thanks

AP16 is a very old unit, and I don’t think it’s supported by Simrad anymore or available new anywhere. So it doesn’t “come” with anything. If it’s previously installed, then yes it needs a rate compass to function. Most often they’re mounted down low and close to center. In the forward bilge (not my choice) or inside one of the v-berth storage compartments are both common spots.

AP16 is a very old unit, and I don’t think it’s supported by Simrad anymore or available new anywhere. So it doesn’t “come” with anything. If it’s previously installed, then yes it needs a rate compass to function. Most often they’re mounted down low and close to center. In the forward bilge (not my choice) or inside one of the v-berth storage compartments are both common spots.
thank you.yes it is previously installed.outboard application with seastar hyd.i found the AP computer and reversible pump mounted under STBD side rear seat enclosure/storage.Vberth storage is under cushions near toilet correct?thanks again

That’s correct.
thanks,will have to take a look.i also understand there has to be a rudder feedback sensor.the twin outboards have a single front mount hyd cylinder and i dont see any sensor back there?maybe i can start at AP computer harness connections and follow wires?

Back