sliding door conversion on a 01 2520

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hello all! im a proud new owner of a 2001 2520 with twin yami 150,s. so excited and new to this site, not gonna miss my 98 bluefin 250 profish. im looking to add a second station on the back of the pilot house on starboard side and live well /bait station on the port. i read on an earlier post about harken tracks and rollers to convert my swing door to a sliding door. can anyone help me towards the parts ,as i can not find them. ty :roll: so excited for my new/used 2520dvsc

I don't know what others have used but I think what you will need is a section of Harken system AA battcar track and two or three number 3814 cars. I would recommend suspending the door from above rather than setting the track on the deck. The ball bearings in these cars don't like dirt and crud. You can get this stuff from West Marine or Mauriprosailing online. Hope that helps.

Don't know if anyone has done that on this board. The only time I've seen it done, it was done at West Coast Parker in California. westcoastmarine.com, don't know if they would help with info or not.

If you don't presently have a rear station, and go for the free-standing one, here are a couple of suggestions.

I would suggest moving the part aft 18" to 24" from where the factory mounts them, and consider reversing the wheel and motor controls from the way the factory rigs them.

1. Moving the part aft makes going forward to the bow on the starboard side easier.
2. It allows you to sit on the washboard when trolling and still reach the forward and mid-ship rods.
3. With the controls 'reversed', it makes it easier to troll and drive while seated on the washboard, and easier to dock when the time comes.

Hopefully the photos explain what I'm saying.

Attachments

• rear station 01.jpg
    rear station 01.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,093
  • rear station 02.jpg
    rear station 02.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,095
  • rear station 03.jpg
    rear station 03.jpg
    958.6 KB · Views: 1,094
:D thank you very much,and as for door material? will starboard work or will acrylic be my only option due to expansion and contraction. oh so many upgrades to do on the new boat!!!

aimless drifter":3034l7vl said:
:D thank you very much,and as for door material? will starboard work or will acrylic be my only option due to expansion and contraction. oh so many upgrades to do on the new boat!!!

Can't help with the door material because I don't have one. :D
Not sure if starboard would be a good choice due to weight. That size panel might be quite heavy.
Maybe someone who has done a sliding door can chime in.

I would re-use the existing door; you may need to modify a bit but king starboard should work well, even if you make a new door.

:cry: well I waisted 350$ on sliding door hardware that fell apart in my shop!!! Already ordered and cut to length!! Got my harken 3815 cars and aa track on order! My second station will be bulked mounted with yami shift by the wire and throttle on the cable. Ty eBay and need to make a new door for the slider as I need to overlap the exterior trim ! All is well and Ty for pointers! Also just ordered a tackle station / bench seat for the port side pilot house! Boat outfitters makes some great stuff!

By the way, nice set up! I would have done a gunwhale steering station if I not had the bulked to mount to . And I'm a tuna junky so running 3 lines off the the side and gaffing a giant with all those possible wrap ups? Omg! Thanks again so much for the advice!

aimless drifter":3h04ocrp said:
I'm a tuna junky so running 3 lines off the the side and gaffing a giant with all those possible wrap ups? Omg! Thanks again so much for the advice!

Yea, we don't get tuna here in the Chesapeake. :)
That setup is for trolling for Rockfish. I run a maximum of 7 lines. :wink:

so my sliding door is great with harken sliders,working on my my dual station wiring and cable assembly omg so many wires with twins and dual stations, never mind the steering!

sorry dont know why i cant download the pics from my i phone keeps saying file is to big,keeps saying file is to big.would love every one to see it . email me at snobilin72 @gmail.com and i can forward them that way thanks chris, came out really nice too. works slick with the live well backed up to that side of the pilot houe

[No message]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398439435.336824.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398439435.336824.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 498
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398439460.539012.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398439460.539012.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 497
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398439475.147347.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398439475.147347.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 497
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398439493.459527.jpg