Sliding window gaskets

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky John

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has ever had to replace the gaskets/seals on their sliding port and starboard windows. The gasket in question fits on the edge of the sliding glass and has a piece of rubber which sits against the stationary glass. Both windows on mine the rubber has worn on the top and bottom to the point that on a hard driving rain or bad storm water gets blown past the gasket and water gets into the track and overflows into my cabin.

I was wondering if anyone has ever had to replace the gaskets/seals on their sliding port and starboard windows. The gasket in question fits on the edge of the sliding glass and has a piece of rubber which sits against the stationary glass. Both windows on mine the rubber has worn on the top and bottom to the point that on a hard driving rain or bad storm water gets blown past the gasket and water gets into the track and overflows into my cabin.
No, but I drilled a few small holes in the outer aluminum window frame that act as drains. Didn’t fix the leak but it gave the standing water that builds up in the outer track somewhere else to leak other then into the cabin.

Machiavellian solution for sure but it eliminated at least 90% of the water that would leak into my cabin on rough days or in heavy rain….

No, but I drilled a few small holes in the outer aluminum window frame that act as drains. Didn’t fix the leak but it gave the standing water that builds up in the outer track somewhere else to leak other then into the cabin.

Machiavellian solution for sure but it eliminated at least 90% of the water that would leak into my cabin on rough days or in heavy rain….
The biggest problem is a northeaster, whenever we get one where my boat is docked it just blows past the gasket which is against the stationary glass, It will become a winter research project or I will take it apart and see if I can somehow replace the rubber attached to the anodized aluminum piece that is on the sliding window

Well I finally tracked down the seal needed to fix these leaks. Marine Glass Specialties in Florida has it and shipping out today, hooray!

Latest posts

Back