Snapper Time

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

wyld3man

Reaction score
Picked up the new boat a couple weeks ago and got use to everything just in time for opening weekend of Red Snapper on the Gulf of Mexico. Took my wife's cousin and nephews out Saturday and then spent Sunday as a father son fishing trip with one of my best friends.

Attachments

Classic P

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice haul! I bet that was good eating.:) How's the sea this time?

wyld3man

Reaction score
It was good and calm, trigger fish decided to come up from the bottom and hang around the boat. I tried to get one on my fly rod, they all turned on it and a few took the fly but I couldn’t get the hook set. Think I need to tie a few flies with small sharp hooks for their mouths.

took her up to 5000 RPM and was at 40mph
At 4000 I am cruising at 30MPH, this seems to be the optimal speed to fuel efficiency ratio. Headed to Colorado to do some trout fishing then once I return I need to do the 20hr service (just ordered the kit) then I plan to head further out to see what I can get into

Classic P

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you manage to catch some? Well, next time will be better.

Finally, you were able to test its power. You must be flying out there. How many hours away is Colorado from your location?

wyld3man

Reaction score
I caught a few rainbows and browns. I didn't get pics, it was kind of difficult to manage a slippery fish, phone and fly rod all at the same timeo_O. I did manage to take a pic of one of the trout my buddy caught though.

Colorado is about a 3 1/2 - 4hr flight, not to bad.

Attachments