Some issues need fixing

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well , I had to take my new 2120 in for the twenty hour service back to Nj outboards. There are some warranty issues like my seat came up from the floor as it was not bolted and only held by the silicone, it tore a small hole in the back of it. Also I wanted snaps on my rear cushion ( some had it , the other did not, the screen for the hatch fell out, and there is an abrasion on the back rest on next to the live well. NJ outboards service manager was supposed to order and repair it .. when I took the boat in , he was not very receptive. Asked me “what do you want me to do?.”.. Fix it!…originally he was going to send someone to at least fix the seat , that never happened so I put washers in and held it with that. I called Parker and spoke to Jeff who was very nice as my wife was fuming.. he said he’ll get in touch with NJ outboards and make sure things get fixed. So my boat is there now and I’ll post whatever happens . Hopefully all will work out .

Well , I had to take my new 2120 in for the twenty hour service back to Nj outboards. There are some warranty issues like my seat came up from the floor as it was not bolted and only held by the silicone, it tore a small hole in the back of it. Also I wanted snaps on my rear cushion ( some had it , the other did not, the screen for the hatch fell out, and there is an abrasion on the back rest on next to the live well. NJ outboards service manager was supposed to order and repair it .. when I took the boat in , he was not very receptive. Asked me “what do you want me to do?.”.. Fix it!…originally he was going to send someone to at least fix the seat , that never happened so I put washers in and held it with that. I called Parker and spoke to Jeff who was very nice as my wife was fuming.. he said he’ll get in touch with NJ outboards and make sure things get fixed. So my boat is there now and I’ll post whatever happens . Hopefully all will work out .
There is nothing more frustrating than poor customer service! "What do you want me to do?" is the last thing anybody wants to hear. Glad to hear that Parker was willing to contact NJ outboards.

Update , I did get a call from NJ Outboards this afternoon, from the service manager, he was friendly and said the service is done . Parker contacted him and apparently is sending the parts to him.. a little wait but hopefully it will get all done.. I’ll keep ya posted

Update , I did get a call from NJ Outboards this afternoon, from the service manager, he was friendly and said the service is done . Parker contacted him and apparently is sending the parts to him.. a little wait but hopefully it will get all done.. I’ll keep ya posted
That's good news! Hope everything is fixed.

What ever happened to quality assurance and final inspections?
Last time I bought a new car I was asked to sign (amongst a hundred other docs) a confirmation of final inspection. Basically a check sheet with about 50 items to be checked, all had check marks, before the car was accepted. I looked it over and I just knew some jockey just ran his pen down the list and signed it. I went out to the car and I was right.

Situations like this are why I have very little faith in boat dealers and “whole hull” warrantees in general.

Outside the actual engines themselves, which should be worked on by manufacturer certified mechanics, keep the boat away from the dealer. They’re going to make almost no money off of the warranty work, so their only goal is going to be to get the work done as fast and as cheaply as possible. The chances of you getting quality work out of them is extremely slim. Any work done should be carefully inspected with an eye for overall quality and any corners that may have been cut, because they probably were.

As soon as your warranty is up, and even before, your best bet for most projects is to find a local independent tech that you can build a relationship with. That way, you know THE GUY that did the work and can call them if there are any issues, and they have an incentive to do good work so that you’ll continue giving them business. It may cost a bit more out of pocket but I can almost guarantee that you’ll get a much better product, and way better service, than leaving it in the hands of a dealer and a tech that they pay by the hour.

Situations like this are why I have very little faith in boat dealers and “whole hull” warrantees in general.

Outside the actual engines themselves, which should be worked on by manufacturer certified mechanics, keep the boat away from the dealer. They’re going to make almost no money off of the warranty work, so their only goal is going to be to get the work done as fast and as cheaply as possible. The chances of you getting quality work out of them is extremely slim. Any work done should be carefully inspected with an eye for overall quality and any corners that may have been cut, because they probably were.

As soon as your warranty is up, and even before, your best bet for most projects is to find a local independent tech that you can build a relationship with. That way, you know THE GUY that did the work and can call them if there are any issues, and they have an incentive to do good work so that you’ll continue giving them business. It may cost a bit more out of pocket but I can almost guarantee that you’ll get a much better product, and way better service, than leaving it in the hands of a dealer and a tech that they pay by the hour.
You are right.. and I have all the warranties for six years

I took delivery on a new 2022 2120SC 2 weeks ago. I washed the exterior of my new boat for the first time yesterday afternoon. Much to my surprise, when I was finished with the outside and opened the pilothouse to clean the inside, the floor inside the cabin was flooded with water.

After I mopped up all the water, I had my wife spray the pilothouse with the hose while I was inside. I could see the water is pouring in the rear of the pilothouse at the floor joint, where the pilothouse connects to the cockpit. There's no caulking or seal where the rear of the pilothouse meets the hull. Any water on the deck will enter into the cabin. It's both the port and starboard side of the rear pilothouse. I can see daylight all along the rear where the cabin meets the hull.

The dealer said that Parker does not seal the rear of the cabin where it meets the hull. Has anyone else had this issue? Also, I'm wondering if I should caulk it myself.

I feel this

Wow, now that’s crazy!.. I don’t at least so far have that issue . I would call Parker ( forget the dealer) and speak directly to Jeff in the warranty department.. something sure does not sound right.. hopefully they will take care of it.. after my wife tore everyone an new ass (dealer and Parker)).. it seems like ( hopefully) thing may get done.. quality control there definitely has a problem.Good luck

Sounds more like a shower stall than a pilothouse. If Parker is now goofing up stuff that obvious I would dig into every point that I could access to look for other surprises. Thruhulls, backplates, electrical and plumbing come to mind. If you aren’t getting a proper response from “The New Parker”, it is amazing what sending a video of the issue in action will do. Suggesting that you may have to find your own solution online should motivate any manufacturer to make you happy.

Sounds more like a shower stall than a pilothouse. If Parker is now goofing up stuff that obvious I would dig into every point that I could access to look for other surprises. Thruhulls, backplates, electrical and plumbing come to mind. If you aren’t getting a proper response from “The New Parker”, it is amazing what sending a video of the issue in action will do. Suggesting that you may have to find your own solution online should motivate any manufacturer to make you happy.
Starting to hear this more and more. Here is from a previous post....
I own 2 Parker boats. A 1999 23 CC Deep Vee and 2001 2801. I live about 3 miles from the Parker facility in Beaufort NC. I knew when I first heard that Correct Craft (a venture capital company) bought Parker boats from Linwood Parker that the boats would be 'cheapend-down'. I love my 2 Parkers but I wouldn't buy one after the 2019 models. I told a guy on the dock after hearing of the purchase that the boats would be a piece of $hit after one or two years and now, that's what I'm hearing from the new owners.

I love my boat (2015 23DV) but I would never by another Parker. I have been going round and round with Parker over a void in my transom since February. I swapped emails with them over two months trying to get someone to just look at the boat. After several promises that someone would be out to look at the boat (which never happened) I just went ahead and had the boat fixed. Now, after spending several thousand dollars to make the necessary repairs still nothing from Parker. I emailed pictures showing the void, repair progress pictures, and pictures of the completed repair. After 6 months I finally got a phone call from Jeff Donahue (apparently their sales manager) but no offer to help in any way.

Jeff is who I spoke to at Parker, I do hope he comes through as ge said ge is sending the parts I need to NJ outboards.. however he doesn’t have all of t gf em in stock so there is a wait.

I'm just wondering, does anyone else have a 2120SC where water enters the cabin from the bottom of the rear wall? The dealer is telling me that's normal but it doesn't seem right. The dealer promised me a photo of the rear wall, where the cabin meets the deck, on another 2120 that they have in stock, but it hasn't been sent to me despite my follow-up. I would really appreciate it if any other 2120SC owners have this issue or let me know if I'm off base to complain about it.

I have mine at the dealers now, I don’t recall ever seeing that but I’ll look Wednesday when I pick it up.. some things ( supposed to be done) other things like the cushions will have to wait .. did Jeff from Parker ever speak to you?.. can you put a photo of it?

Back