Speaker placement in an MVSC

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sow&Pigs

Reaction score
I'm curious about where some of you SC owners have installed speakers inside your cabins. I know Megabyte has solved the problem by using "portable speakers" :D , but I'd love to hear about other solutions.

I just bought my boat, a 1990 25' MVSC, and before I buy speakers I'd like to hear from some of you experienced Parker boys. Thanks.

I will try to find some pictures of my install today, but basically they were mounted in the back corners of my pilot house. They look really clean.

Let me see if I can dig up some pictures. I assume our cabins are somewhat similar.

Brian

Par":2zkz2438 said:
I will try to find some pictures of my install today, but basically they were mounted in the back corners of my pilot house. They look really clean.

Let me see if I can dig up some pictures. I assume our cabins are somewhat similar.

Brian

ditto on mine, they look good, outta the way, & can be heard in the cockpit. downfall: best to drill through roof requiring 4 holes.

Here are some pictures of my speakers I took today. I also have two in the cockpit.

Brian

Attachments

• Speakers.JPG
    Speakers.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 952
  • 1Speaker.JPG
    1Speaker.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 952
  • CockpitS.JPG
    CockpitS.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 952
I don't have any pics today but I placed 2 bose self contained speakers under the gunnel against the cabin, they are invisible to the person standing in the cockpit but sound great and are protected a bit, the other 2 were small self contained speakers that I mounted to the bulkhead between the seating area and the bunk also under the "gunnel" if you can call it that. I wanted to have the speakers invisible but still providing good sound. The locations are not acoustically correct but with the motor running under way it does not matter. When we are parked the sound is great in or out of the cabin.

Par, how did you mount those speakers in the corner? Through bolt or screws? I have the same style speakers (PolyPlanar) and I'm afraid my screws will poke through the pilot house wall. Thanks.

Dom 8)

96TL":s93qc0hf said:
Par, how did you mount those speakers in the corner? Through bolt or screws? I have the same style speakers (PolyPlanar) and I'm afraid my screws will poke through the pilot house wall. Thanks.

Dom 8)

We mounted both speakers brackets to a through bolt that was already there which attched the stainless handrails on the outside of the pilot house. There are two bolts there. We used one dead center for the speaker bracket and just adjusted the speaker accordingly. No need for new holes in the pilot house.

Brian

Back