Speaker Recommendations

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pelagic2530

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probing the hive mind on what will probably be a contentious subject...

I need new speakers for BOTH Parkers. The 1700 needs two under-gunnel speakers, and the 2530 needs two under-gunnel and two that will mount in the upper aft corners. The ones in the 2530 are some non-descript box speaker that sounds like crap and are cracking; the 1700 doesn't have any so I've got a clean slate there.

I know there are some speaker-heads on here, so I'd like to hear what ones you've got that have been working well for you, and that install nicely under the covering boards. If you have pictures of your installation, that would be great as well, but certainly not necessary. I'm not installing a mega-system here (Warthog), just two/four speakers coming from a standard stereo, no external amp.

Thanks in advance guys!

Honestly I hate Mega systems on boats....They are POWER Hungry! Suck the life out of a battery and FAST!

6in size JL Marine speakers and a Fusion RA 55 will make you very happy.

In fact I'm putting a Fusion RA55 in my Hot Rod....

They are VERY compact, Waterproof....Hold up better than any radio on the market Have Blue Tooth......What more could you want? :)

Oh....Did I mention they function like a "Real" radio....and not have 14 doz. buttons that you have to search for what it does?

https://www.fusionentertainment.com/marine/products/stereo-units/ms-ra55

Thanks @warthog5. I'm planning on a RA55 for the 1700. The 2530 already has a stereo unit (can't remember what one) that's working, so no need to replace it just yet.

Maybe I missed it, but I can't find any JLs that are box units. I know they have the ones that you mount to wakeboard towers, and the round flush mounts, but neither of those will work for my intended application.

My 2004 parker doesnt have any additional holes other than the single hole for the garmin in it since she's new which was one reason I bought it. For the parker I bring my portable blustooth speaker which comes ashore when we beach the boat. I've seen some poorly designed/installed systems out there. My welcraft was a perfect example of joe boater with a sawzall. Speaker placement makes all the difference. Speakers pointing away from the listener isnt ideal. On the welcraft I replaced the speakers with Pyle marine self-powered bluetooth speakers. It worked out well for that boat filling the existing holes but they wern't in an ideal placement. They were priced right at under $80, unfortunatly they can't be paired with an additional set.

I would go JL, if at all possible. Their speakers and amps seem to have no equals, for marine installations.

I did 4 of the poly planars under the gunnels that warthog referenced. Not trying to own the sandbar, just listen to music. No crazy holes and out of sight.

I have a beef up sound system installed in my 2520, Amp, sub woof, speakers. She sounds nice but drinks battery juice. I only run it when plug into dock power or when engines are running

On my 23, two of the four speakers are flush mounted in the console, below the helm facing aft at the livewell. Not only do they stay dry but the sound is much improved compared to prior placemnt on the side of the console. I'm not sure if the new conoles are set up to allow for this type of install.

Pelagic- I might get SLAMMED here for this heresy, but for your 2530, what about a Bluetooth only portable device or two like the sonos move?

Pelagic- I might get SLAMMED here for this heresy, but for your 2530, what about a Bluetooth only portable device or two like the sonos move?
JKS, the 2530 has a stereo head unit already hard mounted, with two speakers in the aft corners. They're pretty beat up, so I'm just looking to replace those and possibly add some to the cockpit for a bit of extra sound. But the bluetooth portable for the 1700 is a possibility; I'd just be worried about securing it properly so that it doesn't go flying. Still undecided on that one.

The Poly Planer box speakers MA9020 that will mount under the gunwale are excellent speakers. I just received a new pair after the speaker has performed perfect for 15 years. I've got four on my 2801. Unless you want to be one of those guys who thinks everyone in the Marina or at the sandbar wants to hear your music, the box speakers when mounted up under the gunwale, seem to contain the sound within the boat. I'm not a Hi-Fi gu-ru, but just want good sound quality and a speaker that lasts in a marine environment. Go to Hodges Marine on-line. $80.00 for a pair.

i have a Jenson Bluetooth Head Unit and theee under gunnel Polk audio box speakers w/ mounting brackets i just took off my 2501.

worked just fine. i was rewiring and upgrading all the electronics. the previous owner put it in. i just don’t listen to music on the boat so one less thing in the mix.

i’d sell the lot to you for $150 shipped conus ?

I’ve had good luck with Rockford speakers and amps. They’ve been on the boat for about 4 years with no issues. The ones under the gunnels routinely get sprayed with water. My father has the poly planar boxes on his lobster boat. They take a lot of abuse outside fishing year round in Maine and hold up well.

Attachments

• A9AB0EDC-CBC4-4384-9FDC-6BFFBA52A709.jpeg
    A9AB0EDC-CBC4-4384-9FDC-6BFFBA52A709.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 39
  • 77050197-2A7F-4974-822F-24351F83F7EA.jpeg
    77050197-2A7F-4974-822F-24351F83F7EA.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 36
  • 6D221166-2458-41D6-9B7E-43E4EFCCEF6D.jpeg
    6D221166-2458-41D6-9B7E-43E4EFCCEF6D.jpeg
    783.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 574509F3-7F8C-454B-B035-DC33BBC05B8C.jpeg
    574509F3-7F8C-454B-B035-DC33BBC05B8C.jpeg