Sport Cabin Window Frames with Rust.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Themis

Reaction score
I was tinkering about the boat on land on Saturday, when up close I noticed that on nearly all 4 aluminum window frames (up front as well as port and starboard), their is some "pitting" and rust coing on on the corners of the frames.

I rubbed on some Woody Wax and let it sit for a while.

Anyone else have this going on? How do you maintain the windows and their frames properly?

Aluminum does get pits. Gotta keep it rinsed with freshwater, and waxed.

As for the rust, even the best SS will show some redish stains over time. When I see it, I hit it with Bar Keeper's Friend. It has a mild oxycyllic acid which chemically disolves the oxide stains.

[/i]

The aluminum does pit if you don't keep up with it. I have more of a problem with pitting on the inside surface of frames than outside. Maybe because the outside is easier and more often washed down. Every few trips I clean and polish inside of frames. As for rust on window frames, all I have seen is rust in the lower tracks from the spring clips on the screens. I take the screens out occasssionally and clean tracks out well. My screens are out right now and I need to replace the spring clips. Anyone found where to get those spring clips?

Back