Starboard

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best bet is to check your local yellow pages and find an industrial plastics supplier. King Starboard is one brand and CPG Seaboard is the other. If the place supplies machine shops, I've found I could buy scraps for great prices and usually find the CPG stuff @ 1/2 -2/3rds the price of the King starboard, and they're identical materials.

Anyone work with this stuff? Can it be cut on a table saw? I have a small woodshop and was wondering if it could be cut and routed. Thanks.

endorfins":1a8flxcl said:
Anyone work with this stuff? Can it be cut on a table saw? I have a small woodshop and was wondering if it could be cut and routed. Thanks.
Awesome stuff to work with! Works with any std wood tools and custs like butter. As always, let the tool cut and do the work. A dull blade will tend to heat up and melt rather than cut.

Do a search on King Starboard as their website has info on working with it.

I use a 50 tooth blade that I have on the tablesaw for ripping. It tend's to leave slight saw mark's along the edge.

What I do is cut it just slightly oversize and then run it thru the jointer. that will give you a clean factory edge.

Back