steering issues

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stripbait

Reaction score
hey guys i have a issue with my 2013 2520 had issues when was new but never thought it was right when turning wheel to hard on either direction an go to turn back i always have a squeeking noise like air in system had system bleed still has issues used a power purge system to bleed still has issues i change helm an lines an rear steering assembly assembly on engine an still have issues system seems to be building pressure in helm an blowing out rear seals at end of season i have a 300 yamaha on back iam lost on this i no it not normal but cant figure whats up with it i was told that seastar has some issues with helms so i orderd a u flex system to see if this problem goes away not sure but wastold that do i have power assits i dont but should but parker never put one on if true could solve my issues thanks for any help

hey guys i have a issue with my 2013 2520 had issues when was new but never thought it was right when turning wheel to hard on either direction an go to turn back i always have a squeeking noise like air in system had system bleed still has issues used a power purge system to bleed still has issues i change helm an lines an rear steering assembly assembly on engine an still have issues system seems to be building pressure in helm an blowing out rear seals at end of season i have a 300 yamaha on back iam lost on this i no it not normal but cant figure whats up with it i was told that seastar has some issues with helms so i orderd a u flex system to see if this problem goes away not sure but wastold that do i have power assits i dont but should but parker never put one on if true could solve my issues thanks for any help
Hi Stripbait, I don't think adding power-assist would make a difference, and in fact would add one more layer of complexity. I have the same rig, (2013 2520 XLD, 300 Yamaha), and the only issue I've had with the steering was I needed to bleed the air bubbles one time about two years ago. I have just now (yesterday) logged 1000 hours of running time, and the steering works great. An added thought; this boat steers so easily, effortlessly, that I see no need for adding 'power-steering/steering assist'.

Where is the squeak noise coming from, at the helm or at the motor? Do you have second station?

Back