Stereo speakers in the cockpit

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhalinDave

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The stereo set up in my 2520 sounds fine in the pilot house. Now I would like to be able to enjoy my music while outside. I've narrowed the speaker placement to either low on the pilot house bulkhead wall facing aft, or small box speakers under the gunnels. I imagine the bulkhead mounting allows for better sound than the smaller box speakers can produce. Any thoughts?

WhalinDave":2rzq924p said:
I've narrowed the speaker placement to either low on the pilot house bulkhead wall facing aft, or small box speakers under the gunnels. I imagine the bulkhead mounting allows for better sound ...
That's what I think too and that's where I put mine - on the bulkhead. I went pretty much as low as one could go, given the structure, and if I did it again, I might raise them 6" or so.

Dave,

I mounted mine under the gunnels up front next to the pilothouse in a homemade kick panel. I'm no expert but they sound great to me. I also boxed them in to try to keep the sound from resonating through the hull. You know in the boat instead of in the water. It also enabled me to do it using the existing holes and bolts that connect the hull to the top.

http://classicparker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=123

Yeah John, I like your set up the best but I would have to re orient my wash down outlet and cockpit led lights if I put my speakers there. It may still be doable with some modifications. I especially like the location of your stereo's wired remote above the door. You should market that as a kit and sell to other Parker owners.

I use B-Faithful's trick...a Sony sports boombox, rather than any permanently mounted system. I've heard many people complain that even the marine grade systems die in 2-3 years. Rather than put out several hundred dollars for something that needs to get replaced every couple of years, the $70 boombox lasts a couple of years, gets taken off the boat in the winter and used in the shop until the next spring, and gets tossed in the trash when it dies. Best of all, it leaving no holes in the boat when it dies. :D :D :D

Dave,

Thanks, it’s great having that control panel on the deck. Makes everything real simple. I replaced my cockpit lights with led’s also. I used the light bars like you see under cars and I zip tied them to the bolts for the coaming pads under the gunwale by the rod holders. Came out very slick. It’s all give and take with these small boats but it’s fun trying to make it all fit right.

I love your diesel Parker and your business card logo thing is awesome. Where do you launch out of? I keep expecting to see you out on the water one day.

I mounted Poly Planar MA9020's under the gunnels. They sound great outside. Almost like surround sound. I think they were only $60 for the pair. 8)

9484DSC02678_Small_.JPG

9484DSC02677_Small_.JPG

Back