Still water leaking into 1999 Parker 21 SE

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Caulked the rub rail, replaced the sea cock. Flat days no water when I take it out. On rough days or days when I have my 300 pd friend on the boat I seem to be taking on water… not noticeable until I get back, out the boat on the trailer and take the plug out on a steep incline.

It’s a mystery. Any additional suggestions. I do see rust around my tabs and also the bow hook.

Thanks.

How much water? Put some Teflon tape on your drain plug thereby eliminating it. Seal your anchor locker drain eliminating that source assuming it goes to the bilge. I take it you have a livewell? I am talking about temporarily sealing those things btw. Close the seacock and get the bilge bone dry. Get a bright light in there and ride around with someone else driving. You'll find it.

Last edited:
Running a live well? No matter what you do, a livewell will bring water into the boat and not all of it drains overboard. Pump fittings, hoses, overflows, etc. Then add a 300lb friend and you may get scupper water intrusion. As long as the bilge isn’t kicking on, then it’s a manageable amount of water. When running, manual turn on bilge and discharge as much water as possible since it will pool in the stern and the bilge pump can pick it up.

Back