Stonebuster checking in

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Just a short introduction as I just registered here today. The Admiral and I fish all of Long Island Sound out of Bridgeport, Ct. for about six months out of the year thanks to the protection of the pilothouse on our 2004XL w/225 Yamaha. "Stonebuster" is our boat's name and my user name on the hull truth is "Capt. Nick". I see alot of familiar names from THT. Looking forward to participating on this forum and wish it great success. I've wanted to see a Parker forum again for a long time. My first Parker now resides in Mass. under the new name of "Perseverance" and she looks better than ever. Glad she found a good home and her new owner is happy with her. Best of luck, "Stonebuster" aka "Capt. Nick"

Attachments

• DSCN0360.JPG
    DSCN0360.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 928
Welcome to ClassicParker Capt!

At some point in the future... I'd like to pick your brain regarding the strut you have under your radar dome. :wink:

My esteemed fellow Parker owner,
Even though I hate it when somone has a bigger boat then me, I extend you my salutations and compliment you on your awsome choice of boats!!!!

Happy to see you here Stonebuster.
Hey fellow CP-ers, this Stonebuster guy is one seriously hardcore fisherman.
His idea of "winter games" includes wrestling 45lb codfish a couple of hours due east of Gloucester in the middle of January!
Well done CodBuster ,,,errrr,,, Stonebuster!

Attachments

• Cod1.jpg
    Cod1.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 857
Graybeard":3sgdx98r said:
My esteemed fellow Parker owner,
Even though I hate it when somone has a bigger boat then me, I extend you my salutations and compliment you on your awsome choice of boats!!!!

Stonebuster...welcome aboard. With a name like "stonebuster" don't you offend the sea gods? Is there some background info about that name?

Oh great Gray One...good to see you here. Missed you at the CCA So. MD banquet last night.

Porkchunker, I break stone for a living everyday blasting ledge with explosives for new construction of roads, houses, ect. So someone suggested "Stonebuster". Not sure if it was because of my job or just my personality. :lol: By the way Porkchunker is an unusual handle too. Where did that come from?

Picked up the name from the little woodie my father built in 1958 (link in my signature). He named it Porkchunker, because he was a "porkchunker" type of fisherman in the 1930s-1990s. The old timers would cut a piece of sow belly into the shape of a frog body, put it on a weedless hook, and toss it into the grass and lilly pads. It was long before the advent of all the plastic lures. Those kind of early LTJing guys were known as "Porkchunkers."

That's right, my dad always used to have pork rind strips in a jar to use bass fishing when I was a kid.

Back