Strength of 2520 2019 pilot house door how strong?

Classic Parker

Help Support Classic Parker:

1801Steve

Reaction score
Not familiar with that model, so what material is the door? Thickness? A fire extinguisher is ok for sure. Would a table hang from the door with additional support or be supported by a leg? Think of the same door in your home... what would it support? Hollow core door is one thing, solid core another. Try calling Parker or your dealer.

DanLovingood

Reaction score
The door is made of aluminum. I personally would not want to hang anything on it. My fire extinguisher is mounted on the upper aft port corner inside my pilot house. As far as a folding table goes, we keep a folding teak table outboard of the seat behind the helm - it stows perfectly here. I will try to get some pic's for you tomorrow when I go down to the boat. This is the table that we keep on board - its really a very nice table and perfect for this boat:

Amazon.com: SeaTeak 60030 Square-Grate Top Folding Deck Table, Oiled Finish White: Sports & Outdoors

Cap'n Dan

got_em_on

Reaction score
I wouldnt mount something as heavy as a fire extinguisher on the door even it could handle it. Probably several times a season someone will open the door, not latch it all the way and now you have the door swinging around with a few extra pounds of extinguisher on it. Or over time slamming the door with the extra weight of the fire extinguisher. At some point something is going to get damaged-maybe the boat or maybe somebodies finger

jnicholasjr

Reaction score
I wouldnt mount something as heavy as a fire extinguisher on the door even it could handle it. Probably several times a season someone will open the door, not latch it all the way and now you have the door swinging around with a few extra pounds of extinguisher on it. Or over time slamming the door with the extra weight of the fire extinguisher. At some point something is going to get damaged-maybe the boat or maybe somebodies finger
Agreed someone going to stumble and grab the extinguisher bad news

Latest posts