Suspension seat ideas?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmdude

Reaction score
I need a suspension seat for my Parker 2830. I don’t have a ton of room and the seat post is short. Any suggestions?

2DA88889-8BA8-4E52-80BC-C397284AE1E1.jpeg

Attachments

• 1606FFE7-2ABC-4453-8F33-E57B1BD72165.jpeg
    1606FFE7-2ABC-4453-8F33-E57B1BD72165.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
I just talked to Ian, the owner of Seaspension and bought the low profile post. Super nice guy. I’ll update with feedback after I receive and mount it.

I just talked to Ian, the owner of Seaspension and bought the low profile post. Super nice guy. I’ll update with feedback after I receive and mount it.
I didn't know they made low profile models. I've been looking for the same. Looking forward to seeing the photos if you can post a few after install.

I have a 2005 2510. Has anyone installed suppression seats on a 2510?
They are also a lower profile.

+1 on SeaSpension customer support from Ian, he was awesome, true 1 on 1 excellent customer service. We had several phone calls & txt exchanges with pics over the holidays, he even extended the holiday sale offer while we sorted our measurements.

dmdude - I also have a 2830. I look forward to any learnings you have, just ordered a post and will be installing soon.

I have a 2820 with a very similar situation. I used a seat base called smooth moves. The nice part about the smooth moves base is its adjustable for the person's weight, it has a height adjustment, it can adjust forward and back, and can even turn.

Attachments

• 20230102_065711.jpg
    20230102_065711.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
Seaspension customer service is 2nd to none! Great people and will go out of their way to help with any issues!

The Seaspension was super easy to install. I also got the plate swivel with it. It did not match to my seat so Ian helped me decide where to drill holes to make it still usable. I guess by seat mounting holes was not the common layout.

I was expecting it to be a little more “bouncy” but I think that would defeat its purpose. When in heavy seas it definitely helps absorb that impact. My spine was starting to feel compacted when pounding hard and I haven’t had that feeling since I installed this post.

Attachments

• C9745A6A-945F-44B3-BB01-B023701304A7.jpeg
    C9745A6A-945F-44B3-BB01-B023701304A7.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 3
  • A46C557A-4731-4707-B4C5-3D2A5117892F.jpeg
    A46C557A-4731-4707-B4C5-3D2A5117892F.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
  • 135546E4-93C2-4EAD-818D-25C4891B3602.jpeg
    135546E4-93C2-4EAD-818D-25C4891B3602.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
+1 on SeaSpension customer support from Ian, he was awesome, true 1 on 1 excellent customer service. We had several phone calls & txt exchanges with pics over the holidays, he even extended the holiday sale offer while we sorted our measurements.

dmdude - I also have a 2830. I look forward to any learnings you have, just ordered a post and will be installing soon.

Let me know if you have any questions. What year is your 2830?

Seaspension customer service is 2nd to none! Great people and will go out of their way to help with any issues!

The Seaspension was super easy to install. I also got the plate swivel with it. It did not match to my seat so Ian helped me decide where to drill holes to make it still usable. I guess by seat mounting holes was not the common layout.

I was expecting it to be a little more “bouncy” but I think that would defeat its purpose. When in heavy seas it definitely helps absorb that impact. My spine was starting to feel compacted when pounding hard and I haven’t had that feeling since I installed this post.
Very nice! What is the overall height from the top of the cabinet it sits on to the bottom of the seat frame? This might work well on my 2530 port side seat on top of the dinette bench. Had no idea that they made a low profile option. Also, if you don’t mind, how much did it run you?

I have a 2820 with a very similar situation. I used a seat base called smooth moves. The nice part about the smooth moves base is its adjustable for the person's weight, it has a height adjustment, it can adjust forward and back, and can even turn.

Hi Warren - safe to say you are loving this?? I have a 2510 and was planning on using the seasuspension low profile model. The SmoothMoves looks like a easier install as it will exactly fit my old bolt pattern!

Does anyone else have experience with SmoothMoves and willing to chime in?

Hi Warren - safe to say you are loving this?? I have a 2510 and was planning on using the seasuspension low profile model. The SmoothMoves looks like a easier install as it will exactly fit my old bolt pattern!

Does anyone else have experience with SmoothMoves and willing to chime in?
I have a 2510 as well. Only issue with low profile seaspension is that the post takes away space underneath the helm box. Worse on passenger side since that’s the livewell. You can mount SmoothMoves above the box entirely. I’m also looking at AirWave which seems more rugged and has more mounting height options: Air Ride Boat Seat Pedestal: Comfort - Adjustability

Looks great! Thank you for posting the photos. I still have my hot water heater underneath the seat so I need to check if I will have room underneath.

I have had the Smooth Moves on my 2530 for 6-7 years now.
They have held up well and have been very happy with them.
Good luck

Looks great! Thank you for posting the photos. I still have my hot water heater underneath the seat so I need to check if I will have room underneath.

It's gonna be close. Definitely want to measure twice.

Attachments

• IMG_9819.JPG
    IMG_9819.JPG
    399.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_671AAEC1812F-1.jpeg
    IMG_671AAEC1812F-1.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
I’ll grab a tape measure later today and get measurements. Here’s a picture underneat the post.

Attachments

• B09FBE11-9BC5-49FE-8B17-F5E5A5A52DD1.jpeg
    B09FBE11-9BC5-49FE-8B17-F5E5A5A52DD1.jpeg
    991.6 KB · Views: 0
I have a 2004 2830. New to me this fall. Thanks for the pics of your install. Definitely helps.
I was trying to buy that boat before the one I got but it was always on and off the market. I never caught them at the right time. Congrats!

Back