Suspension seat

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blueghost93

Reaction score
I did alot of digging on here and BD and there seems to be a 50/50 split on the suspension posts for the pilot house. Propedestal and seaspension both look identical but one is almost half the cost. Anyone have any input? I know propedestal sold the company recently so no one answers the damn phone or emails back so that reason alone might make me order a seaspension. Whats interesting to me is the previous owner of pro was a employee or designer for seaspension.

I bought the pro pedestals 2 years ago, I paid 950 for the pair with all the bushings needed for the seat and foot rest. It was about half the price pf seaspension and definitely improved the ride.

Installed 2 Seaspension pedestals in our 2520 pilot house. It is an all around game changer, worth the investment. Don’t get me wrong there are days you wish you were not out there but at least it is doable if you need to. The Seaspension Company was very good to deal with.

In a pilot house it def seems like a must have. Im just torn between the two companies but the one doesnt answer phone or email so i might be stuck with the higher cost seaspension which seems like the original.

For you guys who have removed and replace your pedestals, what year are your boats and what type of fasteners did you encounter when you removed the bolts/wood screws holding down the stock pedestals??

I have contemplated many times doing some sort of suspension seating but I have always feared that once I loosened the bolts holding my current pedestals down I’d partially loosen nuts under the floor, that could not be removed or tightened back up again without having to cut in an inspection port. This fear has always prevented me from moving further with this project.

So what did you guys encounter when you put a wrench on those heads and started twisting?? Big wood screws or an actual bolt that threaded into a plate or nut under the deck??

Did you run into any issues bolting the new pedestals in ?

Are the new pedestals as securely attached to the deck as the stock pedestals were??

Last edited:
Got this from seaspension last night

Thank you for contacting Seaspension. We are the original shock-absorbing pedestal manufacturer, with a BBB A+ rating serving many boat brands, especially Parker boats :).

A former employee of the company left and began making a knock off product in his garage prior to us purchasing Seaspension in 2021. He has since passed away and his wife has closed the business. We are and have been the only factory option offered by Parker OffShore. We have thousands of operational pedestals on Parkers with satisfied customers for well over 10 years.

Parker uses our 29” Spider pedestal (model #3029) for the 2320 helm- you will be able to reuse your existing seats and Spider swivel mount hardware as it is a direct replacement for the factory post. We can also sell you a bushings for $15 each to re-use your Springfield® footrest. Some earlier 2320s came with a 26” pedestal, which we also carry but most customers opt for the 3029 version. It’s up to the customer.

They are $825.00 each plus $35 flat shipping rate for the East coast states, $42 for shipping West of the Rockies. Most pedestals ship within seven days.

For you guys who have removed and replace your pedestals, what year are your boats and what type of fasteners did you encounter when you removed the bolts/wood screws holding down the stock pedestals??

I have contemplated many times doing some sort of suspension seating but I have always feared that once I loosened the bolts holding my current pedestals down I’d partially loosen nuts under the floor, that could not be removed or tightened back up again without having to cut in an inspection port. This fear has always prevented me from moving further with this project.

So what did you guys encounter when you put a wrench on those heads and started twisting?? Big wood screws or an actual bolt that threaded into a plate or nut under the deck??

Are the new pedestals as securely attached to the deck as the stock pedestals were??
There are threaded bolds embedded into the floor. I installed my Pro-pedestal with no problem. Getting the screws out was mostly easy. A couple of them were stuck so borrowed a larger impact driver.

Seaspension all the way! Met the owners at the PCS show in Costa Mesa. Not only is the product great in my 2520, but the owners are passionate, knowledgeable, and running a great service oriented business. You won’t be sorry it really smooths out the ride on the rougher days. Go Seaspension!

Really sorry to hear Greg at Propedestal passed away. I spoke with him on the phone back in Nov. 2021 when I purchased mine. He seemed like a great guy.
I got the pair for $990 and Im super happy with them. It really is a game changer. Im not nearly as beat after a full day on the ocean simply because Im not forced to stand at the wheel all day, especially coming in. When its bad I still stand but not as much.

Assuming yours are installed like my 2016 2320. You shouldn’t have any issues. Very easy job. They were bolted through the deck, no backing nut.

I have a
2005 2120SC and there was an aluminum plate bonded to the underside of the deck where the pedistal bolts down. I had two stubborn bolts that had to be drilled out. I drilled and tapped all of them to the next larger size. The holes in the pedistal easily accommodates a larger bolt.

I have a
2005 2120SC and there was an aluminum plate bonded to the underside of the deck where the pedistal bolts down. I had two stubborn bolts that had to be drilled out. I drilled and tapped all of them to the next larger size. The holes in the pedistal easily accommodates a larger bolt.
Thanks for this, 2005 model year as well. Thinking I’ll be keeping with my stock pedestals. I don’t want to deal with that……..

You should see if the bolts come loose before you give up. The suspension pedistal was totally worth the effort.
Thinking that I’m gonna let the sleeping dogs continue to sleep. I know I’ll be that guy who ends up with bolts that will loosen but won’t come out and won’t tighten back up OR the last bolt I need to remove will “SNAP” and what was supposed to be a simple pedestal swap results in a lot more of project then I bargained for…..

Thinking that I’m gonna let the sleeping dogs continue to sleep. I know I’ll be that guy who ends up with bolts that will loosen but won’t come out and won’t tighten back up OR the last bolt I need to remove will “SNAP” and what was supposed to be a simple pedestal swap results in a lot more of project then I bargained for…..
Nothing a quick access hole cut in the center of the pedestal footprint won’t fix…

For what it’s worth, I haven’t done it but I’ve also never heard of what you’re describing happening to anyone. I wouldn’t let it scare you.

I read half of the above posts before just skipping straight to replying…

Seaspension is your answer. Look no further. The customer service alone seals the deal. Like someone said above, theres just some days you dont wanna be out there, a boat still pounds. I have a 2005 2830 and my lower spine was having compression issues. Seaspension answered all my questions via email and phone calls. I got what I needed super quickly and my spine hasnt had the issue sense. I cross a major Hawiian channel fairly often in some brutal seas that I question being in and my spine still doesnt have those issues I was having prior.

Im pretty sure Seaspension is being put in the new Parkers from factory now. Hope this helps.

I have a 2006 2320 SC that I run out the Golden Gate to ocean fish. I was tired of pounding the waves and decided to go for the Seaspension pedestal system. Definitely a game changer. So, removal of the old pedestal was not difficult. I used an impact phillips screwdriver. There are six threaded inserts that are glassed into the deck making it easy to thread new 5/16" stainless cap screws with washers replacing the old countersunk oval phillips screws. Easier to remove or tighten with a wrench. In addition to replacing my Captain's chair, I removed the 48 inch side bench and installed 2 additional Seaspension pedestals with swivel/slider seats. When I had my son or grandson drive, sitting sideways on the bench was a killer on my neck. Now, with the 2 extra Seaspension seats, everybody is happy! The deck under the bench seat is solid. I bought some threaded inserts and epoxied them in place and used 5/16" stainless cap screws. Hands down a much better ride for everyone on our 30 + mile runs to the Farallons. So, my advice for comfort would be don't wait to install a suspension system. Ian from Seaspension is great to work with.

Attachments

• IMG_2256.jpeg
    IMG_2256.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2303.jpeg
    IMG_2303.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 6
Nice set up. I’ll be ordering one soon. Got a few other more important things I’m working on. I did get a new seat though. Disregard the gross wall carpet. That glue Parker used behind it bleeds bad.

Attachments

• 79FEF4A3-1B28-4B74-B92A-F6A970FA69FF.jpeg
    79FEF4A3-1B28-4B74-B92A-F6A970FA69FF.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
I have the seas suspension that is the upgrade from parker on my 2320sc. It works great. Took the boat out for the first time and it was pretty rough. Didn't feel it at all. Seat performed great. Felt bad for my 2 buddies. Lol. Let my one buddy drive and he immediately felt the difference in ride.

Nice set up. I’ll be ordering one soon. Got a few other more important things I’m working on. I did get a new seat though. Disregard the gross wall carpet. That glue Parker used behind it bleeds bad.
Where did you get your new helm seat, how much $ was it, do you like it and is it comfortable?

Back