suzuki 250 -4 stroke

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty D

Reaction score
I did it. After 2 year looking for what motor to buy, I am going with the Suzuki 250-2015 I have some question. Having a 25 in. shaft there are different models. DF is all I know right now. with the DF there are two different ones -the DF and apx? The price I got was $17,500 -installed,then they water test it.. Can any one tell me -is the DF motor the one to go with? What hole did you place the motor on? Prop size? I know with the prop size they will water test it and change the prop if needed. The boat is a 2005-2320 full trans parker... Thank you

NICE motor choice - BEST you could have made! And that is an AWESOME price! My local dealer wanted $26K installed for a Yumster - ick!

HEIGHT - Motor height should be where ventilation plate rides the surface of the water at plane. They'll have to figure it out!

PROPS - Let them put on the 3-blade Suzi prop that allows her to spin as close to max RPMs as possible, higher (but not to exceed the max) is better than being lower, as your boat will only get slower and heavier as the season goes on.

Someday you could try a huge 16" wheel from PowerTech, get it from Ken at http://www.propgods.com

Break it in RIGHT!

That's a excellent price. The APX has a more refined gear case. It can turn left or Right hand rotation with a computer input. It's a little more versital in that respect if you want to sell it down the road. I have the DF-300APX a buddy of mine with a 23 W/A has the DF-250 APX

Prop wise... Suzuki 3 X 16 X 17

DaleH said:
NICE motor choice - BEST you could have made! And that is an AWESOME price! My local dealer wanted $26K installed for a Yumster - ick!

HEIGHT - Motor height should be where ventilation plate rides the surface of the water at plane. They'll have to figure it out!

PROPS - Let them put on the 3-blade Suzi prop that allows her to spin as close to max RPMs as possible, higher (but not to exceed the max) is better than being lower, as your boat will only get slower and heavier as the season goes on.

Someday you could try a huge 16" wheel from PowerTech, get it from Ken at http://www. My dealer use the same mounting, only 4 bolts holding this new motor. Should I ask them to install two more bolts? 6 total.

only 4 bolts holding this new motor. Should I ask them to install two more bolts? 6 total.

I've seen them both ways....My dealer said they should have 6 and there is a special washer plate also. I've never seen this before getting this motor.

100_5034_zpsfa8449c8.jpg

This new motor is great! I been out over 6 times and the gas gauge is reading 3/4 tank. She burns so little gas and not having to put 2 stroke oil is a big saving. This is my 10 th. Year with the 2320 parker and she is a different riding boat. I change out the tab last year with the biger ones. With this new 250 4 stroke I never have to use the tabs. She gets up on plane so easy without the back of the boat dragging. I took her out in 3 to 4 ft. Seas and the bow doesn't bounce. Parker was always a great boat in head seas and following sea. She takes a head sea great. Having the power and bow going into the head sea without any problem. Best thing I have ever done. The only problem I had with this new motor installed is they cut my thr hole transducter cable. $800 bucks!!! I will take to my marina when I bring it for the 20 hour service. Does anyone know what that charge is? 20 hour service?

I do it myself.

My dealer told me that they do the 20hr service included in the buying of the motor.

I just went and got the oil and filter from them and did it myself. :)

Learn to do it yourself....It's still expensive, as the cost of Suzuki oil [8.5qts] and the filter. Then the foot takes over a qt so you have to buy 2qts, but the next time the foot oil is changed you have that extra and only buy 1qt.

Don't forget the seal for the drain plugs.

The 20 hour service. Change oil & filter. Lower unit oil. Replace gas filter. They check for leaked.

Why don't you log into Brownspoint marine and use that as a baseline...I find my dealer is slightly cheaper on prices.

http://www.brownspoint.com/store/pc/home.asp

Suzuki Synthetic Blend Performance Marine 4-Cycle Oil

This synthetic blend formulation provides better starting in cold temperatures while providing added protection during high temperatures
Specially formulated to provide superior lubrications and protection for marine four cycle engines
Advanced anti-corrosion and anti-rust additives help protect the engine in harsh marine environments
Contains a unique anti-oxidant that assist detergents and dispersants in keeping the engine clean and preventing deposit build up
Meets or exceeds the requirments of API SG & NMMA FC-W

All Suzuki Performance Oils are custom blended in the United States to rigid factory specifications.

So the answer is ...It is a semi synthetic. It only takes a small amount of synthetic added to call it a semi synthentic.

Back