switch's in center console

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiger 3

Reaction score
High everyone, it's been a long time since I have posted. (two Parkers ago). I picked up a 2018 1801. I want to add some electrical accessories. Question is: what is the easiest, most practical way to get to the back of the switch panel to wire the accessory switches. Do the switch's come out? Thanks in advance for any help. Good to be back. Tiger 3

Hey Tiger3, welcome back. Can you elaborate a bit on your issue, with pictures if possible?

Your switch panel should be accessible from inside your console. If it's tight or blocked off, the whole panel likely comes out of the dash or wherever it's mounted. However, it's possible that your switch panel either goes to a harness plug, or a terminal block, which is where your wires would run from.

If you can give us more details about what exactly you're trying to do, we can probably help you better.

pelagic 2530 Thank you. I want to install a mast light on top of my T top. The boat is a 2018 1801 cc. The wire is in from the T top to the console. All I have to do is connect the wire to the running light switch. I took the four screws out holding the switch panel and there is no slack in the wires at all. I thought maybe I could take out the " glove box " in the front of the console under the steering wheel. I can't kneel any longer after having two knees replaced. Maybe the best advice would be to have someone do it for me! Thanks again.

pelagic 2530 Thank you. I want to install a mast light on top of my T top. The boat is a 2018 1801 cc. The wire is in from the T top to the console. All I have to do is connect the wire to the running light switch. I took the four screws out holding the switch panel and there is no slack in the wires at all. I thought maybe I could take out the " glove box " in the front of the console under the steering wheel. I can't kneel any longer after having two knees replaced. Maybe the best advice would be to have someone do it for me! Thanks again.
I can tell you from experience that working inside that size console is uncomfortable at best. I would bet that your wires have some slack length in them, but are secured with a zip tie inside the console. If you've got someone that can give you a hand, that may be your best bet, to just get in there and see what's going on. Like I said, if you're going to an Accessory switch, you may have a bare wire somewhere in the harness that would be easily accessible.

pelagic, I think you are right. I have an outstanding mechanic that comes to the house or slip. I can tell you getting old is no joke! Thanks again. Tiger 3

Back